ableton

arty4868

i was thinking about buying ableton and was wondering which version to get. also if i buy it does it come with all the sounds loaded in it? i talked to a producer named airbase...check out his website here..airbasemusic.com i'm trying to make these kind of sounds. listen to his samples on his page. i wanted to know...which ableton version do i have to buy to make this kind of sounds and does it come with these sounds and beats and basslines built in it? where does he get his effects basslines synth sounds from? do they come pre loaded in ableton?

Ableton Suite 9 is a beast. It comes with over 50 gigs of sounds, fx, loops etc... A bit on the expensive side but worth it, i think. Suite is the way to go. You may buy Live and find out that a bunch of the really good stuff isn't in there. I would recommend using a guitar center coupon when buying. They usually have 10-15% (or more) off when you spend a certain amount which can save you a lot of money.

Live 9 (suite) is easily worth the money, apart from the new editions the overall sound is better than previous versions, the 64-bit can simply be altered to 32-bit to suit your 32-bit VST's, unlike some of the other DAWS that try to bridge but don't always work, if your still unsure, buy live 9 with the possibility to upgrade to suite for an additional fee at a later date. Anyone who uses Suite will tell you it's a pretty awesome package. Not sure but there may still be versions of live 8 Suite that offer the free upgrade to Live 9 for less than the purchase price of Live 9 at your local retail outlets? but you'd need doubly to check first.

Last edited:
I personally would rather have the regular version of Live. The Suite has a ton of so so sounds and instruments with small guis. I use Live 8 standard and I am happy there.

I used to think like Xabiton.

But alot of the newly included instruments are sick, and I allways used to look through the plugin presets, while the good stuff were in instrument racks.
Now that I've got push coming in tomorrow, I'm very happy I decided to go for suite.

However, if you're not gonna go for push, and you like to use different vsts, or imagine yourself buying new synths often, don't buy suite.

GLHF

Last edited:
Back