808 Kick combined with another Kick on exact same pattern

AKStyleZ

Is this normally ever used? So you got another Kick as a reinforcement to the 808, both hittin same patterns.

i've used that method a ton of times. Because sometimes even though your 808 is deep you need that "normal" kick to help get it's point across.

Basically...Yeah. I do it. Alot of beatmakers do it just to give it more punch I guess. I do it because It sounds better that way. My opinion

really if it sounds good just go with it. you must not have much confidence in your beat making if you are asking such questions. it doesn't matter what has been done or what hasn't been done or what is or isn't common practice. the thing about music is that it's an art and you need to add your own individual touch to it.

i personally think experimentation is a great part of music. a lot of beat makers coming up today learn everything from the net and tutorials which is great, but it also sometimes stops them from thinking outside the box and makes people think that they have to do things a certain way.

remember have confidence in yourself.

I know i know, its not that though. The problem is im dealing with problems on the headphones when listening to the 808 kick, and since I have little experience with the 808 Kick, I wasnt sure if they by default sounded that way pretty thin by themself at times or if it was my headphones that couldnt pick up the frequencies.
Trust me its not about Im not confident in experimenting, it have to do with another thread in mixing section.

I agree with what you said though

Back