The DAW of 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sequence2

From my point of view, Ableton seems to be the 'popular' and 'go to' DAW of 2012.
Does anyone else see this trend happening in todays music scene or is it just me?
I see Ableton EVERYWHERE! All these 'music schools' and 'want to become a producer ads' promote Ableton like crazy
A Daw is a Daw. they all sequence music, they all have their positives and their negatives
And yet.. it seems as though Ableton (from my point of view remember) has risen to the top
Any1 else noticing something similar??

I see Studio One as the DAW of the future.

Workflow is top priority in an producer/engineer's setup. People stay w/ their beloved programs (like Pro Tools, Cubase, etc..) because they know the workflow in and out. They know how to do things, quickly.. they know the keystrokes, they know the features they use over and over... etc.

However, Presonus has designed Studio One in a way that it really does speed up your workflow.

Version 2 right now makes it a real DAW. It doesn't lack much in terms of "I need to have XYZ feature to accomplish a task".

Versions 3 and on will more than likely take it over the top. And by Version 5-6, I can see this being in practically every studio & recording class.... especially since so many people have Presonus gear.

If S1 isn't the DAW of 2012, my prediction is it will be the DAW of 2015 and on.

I believe that S1 did quiet well for itself and made a lot of heads turn, this last year......looking forward to v.3

There's not much talk about Cubase on this site, but ole grand daddy Cubase 6.5 has really knocked me out with the addition of their new synths Proloque, Retroloque including Padshop and LoopMashup 2!

I use S1 and Reason and I wont use anything else. Unless I had a Mac, I would use Logic. Being that Reason doesnt do VSTs (which IMO it doesnt need them) Id have to say Studio One and Logic are at the top of the stack.

I agree with the Studio One users here. Great DAW, imo. When I first got it, I didn't even hear/see many ads or reviews. But since the release of version 2, I've noticed a lot more chatter about it.

I love Live's workflow and everything that comes with it it's so incredibly versatile and flexible ahhh <3

Studio One hmm? ima check it out, i remember when it first dropped it looked interesting

ole grand daddy Cubase 6.5 has really knocked me out with the addition of their new synths Proloque, Retroloque including Padshop and LoopMashup 2!

HALion sounds pretty damn nice...

$350 though? damn.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Studio One hmm? ima check it out, i remember when it first dropped it looked interesting

yeah man...Studio One is the shit...

i wouldn't trade it for nuttin'...

used Pro Tools...used Logic...used Sonar...etc. Studio One comes out on top - to the point where i don't even like telling anybody about it...

Ableton is popular cause if your not a musician you can still produce pretty good music by dragging and dropping clips till your hearts content, as opposed to a linear type DAW where you have to actually know how to play some keys or have a vsti plugin that does the same thing ableton does. Also ableton is strong in the dj community, cause the newer generation is now using ableton to dj instead of turntables.

REASON 6.5 w/RE (rack extension) if you haven't seen the video on RE check it out, its possible that 6.5 to 7 you'll see custom VST's for us reason users. oh and i cant post links just yet but check out reason rack extension and figure to see the new features

S1 v2 still crashes a bit too much (similar to Po' Tools)..........
BitWig must have flipped it 'cause it has yet to surface, if ever (probably being sued by Ableton)..........
Ableton & Reason's GUI's make them Alien's.........and Logic only works on F**k'in rotten Apples with some weird AU format, like some other RTAS or AAX's.

I'll stick with VST's & Cubase's vote!

Ableton live had definitely had its rise late 2011-present. still trying to learn the program.:finger:

but if where going by numbers...i feel like FL.....

Last edited:
Reason 6. With the new rack expansions coming from all the top AU/VST/RTAS companies. Its going to be pretty serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back