The DAW of 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you really mean to tell me that you think they listed a 100% exhaustive list on their website of EVERY single feature for a product that, as of right now, shows no signs of even having a release date??

So unless you know of some list that I don't, that means that you really think that BitWig will only have the 16 features they list and nothing more??? REALLY?

You're comparing apples and oranges... a product that is now and has long been available for sale vs. a product that may be months away from even a beta!

I think it's wayyyyyyyyy to early for you to start claiming what this product will or won't have vs. Live 8.

Except that "you" (why the quotes??? do you think I'm a robot?) are the one who specifically compared it to Ableton Live 8 in your post. So the answer is actually in YOUR post... Hahaha

So yes, I think version 1 of BitWig will have more features than Live 8. Its debatable whether it will have more features than Live 9 (whenever that comes out), but my personal opinion (which, granted, is not based on a whole lot) is that yes, it will.

The designers of BitWig are ex-Abelton employees.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

what happens it Ableton Live 9 comes out in 2013... plus... Bitwig will not have all the features that Ableton 8 has...

7char...

REASON 6.5 w/RE (rack extension) if you haven't seen the video on RE check it out, its possible that 6.5 to 7 you'll see custom VST's for us reason users. oh and i cant post links just yet but check out reason rack extension and figure to see the new features

I gotta agree to this.
With Record and Reason being integrated in Reason 6 at the last quarter of 2011 it's kinda hard not to considder 6 as 2012, but with the rack extensions coming I could imagine it being the DAW that grew the most in a very short time and having the biggest improvement in 2012 and making it even more of a beast.
Or am I just a Reason fan boy? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Although I LOVE Ableton Live... I have to admit that if I were starting from scratch today, I would go with FL.

Lifetime free updates? All those awesome piano roll tools? Yeah... for sure.

Haven't really started still trying, Reason is the best one i've tried. Tried FL 3 years ago with no knowledge about beats, will give it a try again. Tried Logic Pro 9, didn't know anything than choosing sounds from the library and record, Ultrabeat and stuff like that seems pretty cool, will try it again. Been learning Reason and its the best one bcuz I like the sound library and get alot of help.

Interesting that nobody mentioned any of the trio of Logic Pro, Pro Tools, and/or Cubase.

A couple of you guys seem to be making your picks based on gimmicky features that you'll try once and never use again. Just sayin'.

I guess it's a lot more dramatic-sounding and interesting to claim that some lesser sequencer is going to come along and steal the throne than to admit that the current kings of the DAW world are likely to remain supreme.

FWIW, I use REAPER only because it's modeled for refugees of LP/PT/CB. These three DAWs have the best feature sets and workflows, and REAPER does a great job at blending them together. Its not ever going to be popular, though, because its flexibility requires some configuration and customization to get things exactly the way you like.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
LISTEN to all those beats/instrumentals, all made in Pro Tools.

muffingalzz3 - YouTube

YG Entertainment is one of the biggest label in South Korea.

Listen to J.R Rotem instrumentals and StarGate.

They sound so CLEAN and so good, they all use Pro Tools, I REALLY dont know why PT is not that appreciated on FP.

Ableton came out with at least 2 innovation that gave it the edge over the competition: real time time stretching and the session view.
But there are things that are more ackward to do in ableton meaning it's not perfect. But it's very difficult to say that there is the best DAW because the standard is so high these day that they pretty much have the same features more or less. There are over parameters that influence the choice of a DAW not to say the least the soundlibrary and the efx that i come with.
Check The NOTE REPEATER aplication on the MAC App store. There is a video on youtube: NOTE REPEATER smk7dev

I have unfortunately have used all DAW's and just started putting more time iN FL studio 10.... I can cleary see what some many swear by it... I was one of those idiots that used to shit on "Fruity" out of ignorance... I wish I would starting using FL then......

This will be a historic gathering. At Awaken the Dawn, we will grow in understanding of what the Spirit is saying to the church and be equipped for a prayer and missions revolution. At TheCall, we will contend with prayer and fasting for mercy for America in the place where more blood was shed brother against brother than any other place in the nation during the Civil War.

This will be a historic gathering. At Awaken the Dawn, we will grow in understanding of what the Spirit is saying to the church and be equipped for a prayer and missions revolution. At TheCall, we will contend with prayer and fasting for mercy for America in the place where more blood was shed brother against brother than any other place in the nation during the Civil War.

Extremely good point.

I use FL Studio cause it has Edison and Slicex which are the 2 perfect tools for sampling to me.

But deep inside my heart i wish and hope the MPC Renaissance is gonna be the best DAW of 2012 and the next couple of years.

Everyone please look at Sonar X1(D), all(most) bugs worked out, I'm talking Producer Expanded. It is a poor mans ProTools, has everything but a gapless audio engine! Just do me a favor, and check out Cakewalk Store, and see what you get with X1 Prod. Expanded...mind-blowing at the price! I know it's more complicated than Ableton, or FL Studio, but that's because it has so much more to offer than both combined! Just my opinion, I just hope you look it up before responding how stupid I am, I await your responses, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back