Crossover App On Macs

Caspuuur

So I may be wrong but i did my research and I could not find a valid artist/producer/full edition of FL Studios on Mac. I have purchased the full version of FL Studios on windows but i have a mac i would rather use for beat production and recording vocals. If anyone has heard of the Crossover application... It is a application used on macs that is made so that you can drag .exe files(or windows files and programs) into Crossover and it will convert it to .dmg(Mac programs) and make it usable on mac. Does anyone have any information on this as to whether it will cause lag? I don't want to lag up or slow down my production rate or have damaged wavelengths / audio sound when i export my song. If anyone has any information on this that would be AWESOME! Also I if you have a better idea for a good program to use along side MacBooks for beat production rather than FL studios i would appreciate the advice. I am bit of a novice but i have been writing lyrics and recording on Studio One 3 for about a year now. So i have a good base but not when it comes to beat production. I also just bought a maschine and have that software along with it, but i want to have a little collection of DAW's for flexibility and management. Thank you. - Caspuuur

The best option would be to simply install Windows via Bootcamp while waiting for the native Mac FL version. I guess Crossover works, but there are bound to be some bugs & it's probably not quite as quick.

Thanks, appreciate the advice. I'm at work so I currently cannot look into the, "Bootcamp" option. But I will look it up when I get home not sure what it is, If you have a download link or a place i can get it from a link would be awesome. Are you sure there is no lag on windows via bootcamp? and Anyone have any ETA for native Mac FL version? I'd rather just look into different programs at this point

Bootcamp is part of OSX. It's simply a boot selector that allows you to install additional OS's and select which one to start when booting up - so you'd be using regular Windows instead of virtual machines inside OSX. Of course this means that you'll need to buy a copy of Windows...

As for the proper Mac version...well, I wouldn't hold my breath. They've said "beta maybe in 2016", so the actual release is probably somewhere next year or so.

Well, "better" is really subjective. FL is one of the few DAWs that's clearly taken its own approach, so there's nothing quite like it.

I personally use Ableton Live for everything. And Logic - which used to be the most prestigious and one of the most expensive DAWs - is probably the best bang for buck product (in terms of how much you're getting for the money; it's also an extremely solid DAW) there is nowadays.

Back