Controlling midi & soft/hard synths & multiple computers SEVERAL QUESTIONS SORRY

JeffreyKubiak

Controlling midi & soft/hard synths & multiple computers SEVERAL QUESTIONS SORRY

Hey guys this is my first post so please move it to the correct thread or don't scream at me I have no clue really about forum technique lol.
here is my series of questions:

1.) can a program like Machine 2.0, Logic X, Pro Tools 11, or any other control the internal switching of midi controllable sounds i.e. soft synths or midi outs to hard synths in real time during a live performance?

Example: I have a full live set of 7 songs cue'd up with tempo changes and all.. so when I hit play on my Macbook its go time. What i'd like to have happen.. is switching of which synth sound is attached to the main midi keyboard (i'll be using Kontrol s61) during the various parts of the songs. so I could play all my parts and focus on the performance without worrying about having to change sounds/patches/groups myself. How does one transmit this data to multiple hard synths along with multiple soft synths in a simple chain?

2.) Which Program, and which "multiple" output interface, is best for Live audio playback in your experiences?
Example: I am willing to purchase whatever I must have, but I would like to have the ability to press play, and have the audio channels on whatever DAW grouped together i.e. sub synths (to a stereo compressor side chained), high synths, back up vocals and such, so that they can be sent out of say, a MOTU, then to a mixer before heading out a stereo send to the venue i'm playing. I've found at many larger venues the sub synths need to be adjusted depending on the room and I don't have the patience to rely on the sound guy nor have I had good experience in doing so. This capability will allow me to quickly shelf the low eq or lesson the highs pending without touching the oh so fragile short tempered child that is my macbook pro.

3.) Is there a DAW that can send midi out to control the "start/stop/placement" of a different or same DAW on a 2nd computer?
Example: The drummer of one of the touring projects I play for uses a macbook pro with pro tools 10 to start and stop his loaded set of songs to be performed. Through a MOTU he sends a mono out to the house with back tracks and another to his in ears with click track. I'd love for his set-up to stay simple, yet when he presses play or pause it triggers the DAW on my macbook to do the same, thus he can control the tempo and vibe of the live performance and my computer (with all the software synced to my DAW) stays right with him. Ultimately with the ability referenced in question 1.

Sorry for all of this but I've got soon much to do in soon little time and i'm like a small bird in an upside down glass over here =/

my current necessary live equipment:
Mac Pro
Mac os x 10.10.2
Pro tools 11
Maschine 2.2 with Studio and Kontrol
Dave smith Prophet 12
Moog sub 37
Strymon Big Sky Reverb (also need midi to control this!)

Hey guys this is my first post so please move it to the correct thread or don't scream at me I have no clue really about forum technique lol.
here is my series of questions:

1.) can a program like Machine 2.0, Logic X, Pro Tools 11, or any other control the internal switching of midi controllable sounds i.e. soft synths or midi outs to hard synths in real time during a live performance?

Example: I have a full live set of 7 songs cue'd up with tempo changes and all.. so when I hit play on my Macbook its go time. What i'd like to have happen.. is switching of which synth sound is attached to the main midi keyboard (i'll be using Kontrol s61) during the various parts of the songs. so I could play all my parts and focus on the performance without worrying about having to change sounds/patches/groups myself. How does one transmit this data to multiple hard synths along with multiple soft synths in a simple chain?

embed a program change message in your midi tracks

3.) Is there a DAW that can send midi out to control the "start/stop/placement" of a different or same DAW on a 2nd computer?
Example: The drummer of one of the touring projects I play for uses a macbook pro with pro tools 10 to start and stop his loaded set of songs to be performed. Through a MOTU he sends a mono out to the house with back tracks and another to his in ears with click track. I'd love for his set-up to stay simple, yet when he presses play or pause it triggers the DAW on my macbook to do the same, thus he can control the tempo and vibe of the live performance and my computer (with all the software synced to my DAW) stays right with him. Ultimately with the ability referenced in question 1.

any daw can do this it is down to whether you set your local tempo MMC settings to be managed by your local clock or an external clock provided via midi or as a word clock

Back