Cheapest DAW to use Rewire so I can use Reason 7 to score a film! Will buy you gifts!

habi

Hi!
I've been using Reason to score till Reason 5. I used to Rewire it through Cubase. I never used Cubase for anything besides playing back the video through it!

Didn't get any more scoring jobs for a while until last week, and now I've got Reason 7 and I'm using 64 bit Windows 7! Totally clueless about the Rewire situation now- since the entire Reason framework has changed! I lost all my old 32 bit programs when my previous PC crashed and I'm afraid if I buy Cubase, it might just be a waste if the Rewire doesn't work!

Can any Cubase or Nuendo 64bit users try and download a Reason demo and see if it works fine as a slave? If the video plays back properly and all?
Or if there's a cheaper DAW which I can use to Rewire and playback the video file on?

It would save me a lot of money and I will thank you through Amazon wishlist or something :monkey:
Please help a fellow producer!

reaper: cheap license (under US$70) never ending full featured demo as well (so no license unless you get guilty or annoyed at waiting longer and longer for it to start up)

Wow! Thanks mate!
Let me check it out!
Start thinking of a 'thank you gift' from me- meanwhile :-)

Thanks for the replies.
Tried to use Reaper but it's too flimsy and the video plays pretty shoddily!
Which would be the strongest and most accurate frame rate using DAW to rewire with Reason?
Thanks again; please think of a gift that I could possibly give you from Amazon.

Back