Changing tempo without changing key

Hello everyone. I'm looking into a plugin or software, which can change the tempo of a vocal sample I have without changing the key. In other words, I want to hide the original vocal, by making it a little bit deeper in sound, but keep the key. I'm not looking to do the very popular from girl to deep voice sound as many house artist use. Is there any way to do this or is it impossible? I've tried through the mpc, but it just makes it slower and changes the key along the way as you'd expect.
Pitching is it only possible as long as its an octave down for it to be in the same original key? Because that is too deep a voice :(

Help?

Protools does that (changes tempo/keeps key). I dont understand why you want to change the tempo for a vocal sample. Do you mean change the formant or tone?

Last edited:
Not really sure what you mean but im gonna guess..Use elastic audio in monopohonic algorithm to keep the formant and stretch the vocal. Should slow it down and keep the key the same. Unless you're talking about pitching it down..if an octave down is too much try pitching it down by a perfect fifth and see how it sounds.

Last edited:
acid does this naturally in its editor, its the best time stretcher there is, its what its primary purpose was, i bet its only a time domain one, but who cares you cant really tell and they are cleaner.

Pitch it down in your daw.

Transpose will change key.

Check out this link if you want a vst to do it.
There may be some here you like and they are made for that to be done a little more easily.

http://www.kvraudio.com/q.php?search=1&q=pitch+sync

Pieve

Last edited:
Abletons warp engine is my favourite for changing tempo, just for how quick and easy it is. Use any algorithm other than re-pitch, although tones or complex would probably work best. If you want to edit formants (and much more) check out melodyne, expensive but definatly worth it if you do a lot of vocal editing.

Back