Can someone please give me the name of this instrument!

Bewar

Hey guys, I really need help in finding the name of this instrument. I've always wanted to put it into my beats. Here is an example: youtube.com/watch?v=-WwoGWDFAH0 (sorry for not putting full link, won't let me since I don't have 20 posts yet) .......The instrument I am looking for starts at 10 seconds...also, another one comes in at 26 and 30 seconds....but it may be the same sound, just playing at a lower octave.

It sounds like an elictrical guitar but i need to know what kind and if I can find it in reason or find a way to get it into reason to use in my beats.

-Thanks in Advance.
P.S. I just found out about this website, and i kinda got mad at one of my friends for knowing about this website all along and not telling me about it lol, it's awesome. Everything I've ever wanted in a website. Just saying lol.

I'm assuming you mean the lower sounding one, not the violins. That would be an electric guitar, in my experience there aren't any very great plug-ins that make this guitar sound, best way to get it would to find a sample or get a guitar yourself! It's a somewhat metal sounding, at least that'd probably what it would pop up as under a sample bank. Hope this helped!

Yep, guitar.

Use the NN-XT sampler version of the strat and put a Line-6 amp simulator on it in a combinator

You might also look for some palm muted samples for the NN-XT (I generally play my own guitar parts live, so don't whether there is a set or not that comes as standard).......

Use the NN-XT sampler version of the strat and put a Line-6 amp simulator on it in a combinator

=D! This is the sound I've been wanting, thank you so much!

I looked in the NN-XT sampler version of the strat and found a bunch that sound similar to the sound I was looking for but I'm a newbie to Reason....how exactly do I put a 'Line-6 amp simulator on it in a combinator?'

-Thank you so much for the help btw!

OK, the line 6 amp simulators shipped with reason 6.0, so that is not possible.

However, here's a quick, nasty guitar effects rig in a reason 4.0 combinator

http://www.bandcoach/fp/zips/RSN4.0GuitarScream.zip

after you download it and extract the zip file, you create a new song in reason.

Create your NN-Xt sampler and load your guitar sounds
Now create a combinator
Wire this between the NN-Xt and the Mixer
Now click on the file/folder button on the combinator and load the patch I've included above

The knobs affect the mix between clean, dirty and delayed sounds.

The buttons mute the reverb, scream and delays

Back