Breaking beats/music down

Mixmast11

I was wondering just like there's programs where you can explore and create your own sound is there any software that can break a beat down track by track?

Not that I am aware of - the only thing capable of doing that on a repeatable basis is the human brain...with adequate training in musical transcription

I once saw a website that laid out the arrangements of popular songs.. like "4 bars intro, 2 bars break, 8 bars verse..", but nothing that can strip individual tracks from a single music file.

As far as exploring and creating your own sound, try some synth VSTs. I prefer Massive, at the moment.

software that can break down a song down track by track is pretty magical. closest thing out there is celemony melodyne

Honestly, if you really want to know what a song is made up of in order to find out what makes a good song just find a song you like and dedicate yourself to remaking it to the best to your ability.

That's how I learned. I made a video where I attempted to remake Pete Rock and C.L. Smooth's T.R.O.Y. That really taught me about sampling and chopping. I'll link my video for you to see.

How to - Tom Scott "Today" in Ableton Live 8 - YouTube

Last edited:
You can do it all if you understand frequencies & can proper identify the sounds in said music file.. but you'll still compromise the integrity of those frequencies once you start isolating from one another. You pretty much have to use a lot of tools (software) to make it sound halfway decent.

You can do it all if you understand frequencies & can proper identify the sounds in said music file.. but you'll still compromise the integrity of those frequencies once you start isolating from one another. You pretty much have to use a lot of tools (software) to make it sound halfway decent.

The only tool you need is sitting right between your shoulders. More gold has been mined from the imagination of man than any deposit on Earth.

LMAO..

Dude.. you'll NEVER make it in this industry..

No established Artist will **** with you..

No Labels will pay you any mind..

I'm sponsored by Native Instruments.. Universal Audio.. Avid.. Presonus.. etc.. etc.. - Why? - Because I know how to talk to people..

I know that people have to start somewhere.. & don't have access nor the time I have for all this equipment & software..

We laughing at you over here.

Last edited:
Dude, you come across as an ass- being sponsored by someone is no more an indication of your value than the words that you write here....businesses make sponsorship decisions on things other than your credibility as a spokesperson, more to do with how much you have sold and therefore how much you can sell for them.....you could sell crap all day long and still be sponsored if someone thought they could get some sales shovelled their way

And that crap about needing lots of software to break the track down into it's constituent parts - only goes to show how little you understand the process of analysis

To understand how a track works you need to transcribe it part by part and the only tool that can do that with any degree of accuracy is the human brain

To the best of my knowledge, there is little software out there that will accurately transcribe a melody standing on its own, let alone against a bass and multiple parts providing harmonic and counter-melodic ideas let alone the beats and the percussion

LMAO..

Dude.. you'll NEVER make it in this industry..

No established Artist will **** with you..

No Labels will pay you any mind..

I'm sponsored by Native Instruments.. Universal Audio.. Avid.. Presonus.. etc.. etc.. - Why? - Because I know how to talk to people..

I know that people have to start somewhere.. & don't have access nor the time I have for all this equipment & software..

We laughing at you over here.

1. You obviously don't know who you're talking to.
2. You're projecting. A man is exactly what he thinks.
3. This isn't drag racing son, no one is sponsored by companies in the music industry unless you're super bad ass. I've been doing this for 15 years so I know. I never heard of you so thank you for proving me right.
4. You're butt hurt because you think people should respect you when you're actually nobody.

1. You obviously don't know who you're talking to.
2. You're projecting. A man is exactly what he thinks.
3. This isn't drag racing son, no one is sponsored by companies in the music industry unless you're super bad ass. I've been doing this for 15 years so I know. I never heard of you so thank you for proving me right.
4. You're butt hurt because you think people should respect you when you're actually nobody.

IMG366.jpgUAD2-2.jpgWORK2.jpg

My Momma tell me I'm a Ultra Bad Ass..

You just lucked-out on a plug.. lol.

15yrs. don' made you one bitter.. bitter Soul.. - We doing this for fun over here.. - You sound like you got the struggleFACE.

Lol.

"My Records Ain't Gotta Sell Nukka.. Go Diamond Off Of My Cell.." - Pusha T.

Dude, you come across as an ass- being sponsored by someone is no more an indication of your value than the words that you write here....businesses make sponsorship decisions on things other than your credibility as a spokesperson, more to do with how much you have sold and therefore how much you can sell for them.....you could sell crap all day long and still be sponsored if someone thought they could get some sales shovelled their way

And that crap about needing lots of software to break the track down into it's constituent parts - only goes to show how little you understand the process of analysis

To understand how a track works you need to transcribe it part by part and the only tool that can do that with any degree of accuracy is the human brain

To the best of my knowledge, there is little software out there that will accurately transcribe a melody standing on its own, let alone against a bass and multiple parts providing harmonic and counter-melodic ideas let alone the beats and the percussion

I am an *******.. everybody in this industry is an egotistic *******..

Yet at the same time.. I help people that need help..

It evens it all out.

I am an *******.. everybody in this industry is an egotistic *******..

Yet at the same time.. I help people that need help..

It evens it all out.

1. I have UAD Plugins also. But they're tools for my craft, not an extension of my penis. lmao
2. The amount of plugins doesn't equal how good you are, just that you follow others and are terrible at money management.
3. If your records "don't gotta sell" then leave the conversation and go find posers that might give a crap about your poser existence.
4. I would never, EVER mention my mom in a debate with other adults. I'm guessing you were never captain of the debate team in college. If you've actually made it that far.

Give me a sec, your reply with the pics gave me so much ammo I don't even know where to continue.

5. Good job stealing IMG366.jpg, UAD2-2.jpg and WORK2.jpg. Did you know that if you put your mouse over those pics you can see their info? Wow, good job, you're a tool. LMAO.

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

BTW, your grammar is atrocious. Please talk to me in English, I'm not one of your homies.

Last edited:
1. I have UAD Plugins also. But they're tools for my craft, not an extension of my penis. lmao
2. The amount of plugins doesn't equal how good you are, just that you follow others and are terrible and money management.
3. If your records "don't gotta sell" then leave the conversation and go find posers that might give a crap about your poser existence.
4. I would never, EVER mention my mom in a debate with other adults. I'm guessing you were never captain of the debate team in college. If you've actually made it that far.

Give me a sec, your reply with the pics gave me so much ammo I don't even know where to continue.

5. Good job stealing IMG366.jpg, UAD2-2.jpg and WORK2.jpg. Did you know that if you put your mouse over those pics you can see their info? Wow, good job, you're a tool. LMAO.

IMG095.jpgIMG157.jpgInTheLab.jpg

Damn.. I just stole pics of my UAD-2 Satellite [before I opened it] & a pic of some NFR's from NI.. AND I had the nerve to steal a pic of me in my studio..

:4theloveofgod:

Last edited:
Back