Bitwig vs Logic

I know it's been compared a lot to ableton but i'm wondering how does it stack up against logic?

Logic is a very, very old daw and so it has a lot more complex features than bitwig, Bitwig on the other hand is much more intuitive and fun to use. Saying that logic pro has more features is a good and a bad thing, Its bad because once you start adding a shitload of features the daw gets cluttered and hard to navigate, and to be quite honest as an edm producer i dont use most of those features anyway, But its still good to have those features just in case.

Pro's of logic -
More Features
Cheaper
many more vst's and effects
Loads of tutorials for logic on the net

Con's of logic -
Hard to learn
Mac only
Not really intuitive

-

Pro's of Bitwig -
Intuitive
Looks good
Mac, PC and Linux
Workflow
Plugin Sandboxing & 64, 32 bit reads
Well featured for version 1

Con's -
There are still some bugs
missing a few features
more expensive
not many plugins come with the daw
MADE FOR ELECTRONIC PRODUCERS.... (which is a pro to me)

- Prior to switching to bitwig i was using studio one and ableton and im totally happy with bitwig... BUT PLEASE BUY the software if youre going to use it. Its going to help the software evolve into a beast.

- Prior to switching to bitwig i was using studio one and ableton and im totally happy with bitwig... BUT PLEASE BUY the software if youre going to use it. Its going to help the software evolve into a beast.

Surprised any one would leave Studio One.. especially when v3 is just around the corner

Surprised any one would leave Studio One.. especially when v3 is just around the corner

Yeah I love studio one but I dont like the look of it, I know the aesthetics are a minor thing to most people but for me it really matters, If im staring at the screen for an entire day i want it to look good...

Im looking forward to Studio one v3, and will definitely have a go once its out if they update the looks or enable customisation then i might make the switch again

Back