Best website to purchase VST's

ATLAS_

I'm getting my new computer soon and I have Ableton Live 9. What is the best website to purchase VST's for a good price? Any websites that offer good deals?

The price for a specific VST is going to be pretty consistent across all websites. I don't think you'll get a better deal by shopping around.

Usually the plugin's developer's site is as good as any. For a more centralized approach, Plugin Boutique & Don't Crack might be worth checking out. Also, lots of people sell their "2nd hand" plugins on the KvR marketplace, usually for a nice enough discount (be sure to check out potential license transfer fees, though).

These guys consistently offer discounts on various plugins ... and yes, it does pay to shop around.

AudioDeluxe
PluginDiscounts
JRRShop
PluginBoutique

For developers that don't list with the above sites it's best to buy directly from the developer website. The KVR marketplace is a great place to buy plugs second hand however not all developers allow resale of their products and quite often have applicable transfer fees.

Carey

Last edited:
Explain your budget?

You can get a lot of "decent" vsts for free on the internet but if you're looking for quality, try native-instruments, steinberg, lennar digital, reFx. However, they are a little pricey with most pricing averagely around $130-$200!

Nonetheless, it's always good to support the engineers of these fascinating products that allow us producers to create master pieces. :)

Hope this helped!

Last edited:
start with freeware plugins for now and see how you get on with them, some are pretty good nowadays

Depends on your budget.
I'd say Komplete and/or Fabfilters. If you don't have that much money to dish out, either save up for them (it's worth it) or I second plugin-boutique.

Back