Best way to use my MPC with my software?

Traditionally I have always been a hardware guy (just the way I learned), but recently I've been getting a lot more into the software side of things. I've always used MPC's and now I've got an MPC 1000. The software that I use now to record and mix is Logic Pro X. I like recording samples into my MPC and chopping in there, but when it comes to pitch shifting and timestretching I think the computer does a better job. It's just kind of a pain moving the samples from the MPC to the Computer and then back to the MPC. What do you think is the most efficient way to work with these together?

Before moving to the MPC Ren I also had the MPC 1000 and a MacBook bro. I actually used the MPC how the MPC Ren and Studios are used now. I used a midi interface and created a template that routed all midi ultimately using my MacBook as a sound module. Best suggestion would be to move over to the MPC Ren or Studio. My workflow now is awesome. No more bouncing sounds back and forth which was a complete pain.

One day I will but at the moment im still on a little budget. What do you mean when you said you used your 1000 how the Ren and studios are being used? because I definitely need to figure something out. did you still record sounds in through the mpc?

Back