best software for making beats for beginners ?

I agree, the FL Studio interface is very user friendly. Thousands of video tutorials to get you stated off right as well.

I've always used macs to make beats so if you're like me, I'd start with Garageband and then plunge my way into Logic Pro... Logic Pro is nothing like Garageband and is really complex but it forces you to teach yourself how to EQ, use advanced techniques and etc. All I gotta say is learning both these programs on a mac was worth it but for starters with macs, use Garageband.

Last edited:
Before you go and spend 100 dollars, or however much, on a top flight DAW, you may want to check out some ones that are free, if you are an absolute beginner.
Check out MuLab 4. That should be a good start if you're looking to get into FL Studio.

Believe me that they are ALL great for beginners because whichever one you start with, you'll get used to it. Eventually you'll be so good at it that the rest will be just as easy to use.
Just start with anything.

Don't waste your time on learning something because people say it's easier, just take the time to learn the good DAWS right off the bat. I would definitely stay away from stuff like Garage band and others alike, it's just a waste of time imho. Pick a daw and learn it, these days it's easy to learn any given one fairly quickly with youtube and tutorials everywhere.. Your gonna want to do many things and some will only limit you and then your gonna have to learn a new one. I never touched Protools a day in my life and i figured it out in 2 weeks.

This is just my opinion but ive been doing this over 10 years and quickly learned that it's best to pick one because you like it's features and broad spectrum of options not because it sounds or looks easy, don't sacrifice quality, versatility and options because of a learning curve which can easily be overcome these days.

Last edited:
Back