best software for making beats for beginners ?

To be honest, Presonus Studio One 2 is the easiest and most logical DAW on the market today. I don't use it myself, but I tried the demo and was blown away by the features and how they've put all of there focus on speed and intuitiveness. I myself am an Ableton and Cubase fan myself (switched from Logic to Cubase after version 7 came out this month) but those can be a bit difficult if you're just starting out. I'd say try Reaper if anything. You get an unlimited and unrestricted demo and if/when you decide to buy it's only around $60 or so.

The thing about FL Studio if you've ever taken notice, is that people always "graduate" from FL Studio to other platforms and never the other way around. People start on it and then move on to Ableton, Cubase or Logic Pro etc. I personally don't like it. It feels like I'm playing a video game and not making music. Some might like that, I don't.

Doesn't matter which DAW you use..

Youtube is your friend.. remember that.

Pick one that you feel you'd comprehend quickly based off it's GUI.

Mixcraft is easier than FL Studio and personally way better.

I recommend FL Studio and dobe Auditon for making beats for beginners! It is user friendly and easy to operate.

Last edited:
For a beginner I would say fl studio because of its user friendly interface and sequencer. There's also thousands of tutorial videos on youtube that can help you out.

really depends what you want to do, if you are really serious about production pick and of fl, ableton, cubase or logic which i believe are the best and stick with it, once youve started working on one daw its hard to get away from it haha

Back