best software for making beats for beginners ?

Being a mac user, of course I would say garageband is a great start as a beginner and would be a great transition into Logic (which is the dopest daw EVER) <---Bias, i know HA!

quality wise - presonus studio 1 -Reason 4 and my 3rd would be FL studio9 but to be qwik on ideas id say fl studio is good to jot ideas down ' these other daws take time to get aquainted but there all dope thou for them pc users ''id say presonus is really my new fav its sound quality is impecable '

FL Studio. You can use it for profressional works also. I produce my remixes and FL Studio and they have been played in many radios for long time. It is about yourself. It is personal choice actually. I prefered Fl studio to start and now i do prof works.

Well i might get ran off this sight for saying this... ( im new bare with me folks) but I think PT is Overrated... I have it, ableton,cubase, reason and Fruity loops and i use fruity loops the most just because it is fun and easy to use! So +1 for fruity loops! also reason can be fun when you get the hang of it! Ableton has the greatest automation i have ever seen and cubase is funto work with IMO! They all have demos im pretty sure just try them out!

I started with Fruity Loops, but after couple of days switched to Samplitude, which I got with some magazine for free (SE version). It seemed more complex, but I found some tutorials on google and started working it out. It paid off quite soon. I also recommend Ableton Live, as they have lots of great tutorials. It will probably seem to be difficult at first, but learning your DAW will pay off quickly.

Well I personally use Garageband and Sony Acid Music Studio, which are for Mac computers and PCs respectively.. When I started making beats then one of my friends suggested these and you won't believe It worked fantastically on both of my PCs... hope it might also work for you.

Garageband seems like a great option to begin with, and possibly keep using alongside something else later on as well. I've never even touched it but someone I work with uses it.. he thinks it's great for laying out stuff quickly.

Akai MPC 2000XL. No... seriously. I think coming from minimal hardware like the MPC helped my production game 110% before I switched to software. It makes you appreciate the simplicity of a drum machine without getting overwhelmed with all the features and depth you can get into with DAW's. Sometimes a simple setup is all you need. Something to think about.

FL studio is a very user friendly option, I prefer to use Ableton Live 8, but I would recommend either program, check out youtube for video resources, if you find more help available on FL Studio, there may lie an answer.

In my opinion there are a ton of "good" ones and probably not very many "bad" ones. Really it's up to you to see what you're comfortable with. At the end of the day they mostly all do the same thing. it's your sound library that's going to need building more than anything.

Last edited:
Back