Best Software

TriK2001

Hello! I got some softwares downloaded (and buyed) and i wanna ask you what software do you think is the best for hip-hop music production i currently use fl studio,ignite and magix music maker. Everythink has its use ignite is for some notes i wanna add or secondary mellodies, fl is where almos everything else happends ( except putting the parts together ) and magix is the playlist i use! (i dont like fl's playlist cause it scales in bars magix's is better no scaling at all!). Feel free to tell me what you use and any suggestion on what other uses are there for these programs! ;);););););)

I don't think this the right question (what's the best software) you need to ask yourself.

You should be asking yourself which one is the best for me. It all depends on your level of experience with music production. If you're just starting out with beat making you'd want to go with an easy-to-use software such as FL Studio. and so on.

I hope it helped

I don't think this the right question (what's the best software) you need to ask yourself.

You should be asking yourself which one is the best for me. It all depends on your level of experience with music production. If you're just starting out with beat making you'd want to go with an easy-to-use software such as FL Studio. and so on.

I hope it helped

This is somehow the right answer! And to complete it, to find out what you feel more comfortable with, you need to experiment the software you have access first, and then try other, if you feel incomplete!
The golden rule is, keep it simple and it's not the software who makes music... it's you!

This is somehow the right answer! And to complete it, to find out what you feel more comfortable with, you need to experiment the software you have access first, and then try other, if you feel incomplete!
The golden rule is, keep it simple and it's not the software who makes music ... it's you!
damn man thats inspiring!!!

You all are right but when i get involved in discussions about programs they all tell me that pro tools and reason are the best so i kinda thought that i was using the wrong programs

Along that line, if it helps you decide, Magix music maker is the most basic. It's really basic, more of a toy than a proper DAW, but use it if you like the results.

Ignite is probably slightly above that but not much. I think it seems to be designed to get down musical ideas quickly and easily as opposed to a fully featured DAW, which some people can find confusing and expensive at first if they're just getting started.

Reason is a complete music production software that you can do everything in, but if you want to expand, you're limited to rack extensions and can't get any third party virtual instruments that weren't made by propellerhead.
FL studio, pro tools, abelton live, logic etc are all completely fully featured and technically can do everything. Pro tools has a reputation for being the most professional, the others are probably more popular.

Along that line, if it helps you decide, Magix music maker is the most basic. It's really basic, more of a toy than a proper DAW, but use it if you like the results.

Ignite is probably slightly above that but not much. I think it seems to be designed to get down musical ideas quickly and easily as opposed to a fully featured DAW, which some people can find confusing and expensive at first if they're just getting started.

Reason is a complete music production software that you can do everything in, but if you want to expand, you're limited to rack extensions and can't get any third party virtual instruments that weren't made by propellerhead.
FL studio, pro tools, abelton live, logic etc are all completely fully featured and technically can do everything. Pro tools has a reputation for being the most professional, the others are probably more popular.

the only reason i still use magix is because its playlist isnt snaping to bars its snaping to seconds and this is why i think its better than fl studio's playlist from the other side tho its easier to mix and master from fl studio and ignite just came with purschase of my microphone and i dont really use it or want it :P

I'm fairly sure you ought to be able to make FL snap to seconds as well. I don't use FL so I'm not sure how but someone on this forum probably knows...

Download demos, try them out, see which one suits YOU the best. This question cannot be answered like this. I like FL studio the most tho..

Nexus 2, Sylenth, Massive, are all popular in hip hop. A lot of hardware is too, like the Korg Kronos and Roland Integra 7 Sound Module. There's no right or wrong plugin to use, but from my research, a lot of producers get their sounds from Nexus 2 or Korg Kronos.

Nice up to every producers in this forum... Am a new producer on this site and I hope I get to share idea with very one here, I like learning.....

Recommend Logic or Ableton as your DAW and look into Kontakt for sampled instruments, battery 4 for drums and massive and sylenth1 for synthesisers. I don't how i survived without my Kontakt libraries a couple years ago, i use them in everything i do

Back