Best Software

You can turn off "snap to grid" in FL. Fairly easy, I just haven't used it in so long I can't remember the exact commands. I used to go back and forth alot with it(jump from bars to 4th to freehand, then back to bars). I do remember the measurements being worded funny, like maybe it was measured in "beats" instead of "bars"?

This reminds me of the question, which programming language is best to learn?

Well the answer is, any of them, but stick with one at first. Once you learn that language, learning other languages is easy since you have the principles down.

DAWs are no different, just learn one, learn it well, learn it inside out until you have a much greater understanding of audio production.

Logic for me, its just simple briliant when you can use it quick and well. I have got ableton and push 2. and i intend to use it more and more, but just to jam ideas and build some cool grooves. after it will all be sent to logic to really make the magic happen and construct the tune.

I like how logics mixer is laid out i find it easy to route and the standard plugins like the EQ, Envelope, compressors are good, but obviously I use many 3rd party ones which take logic to a whole other level.

Back