Best sidechain software?

Articutt

I have glue compressor and the nicky romero side chain software that a lot of people that make my kind of music say that are one of the best of all, do you another one?

And also, a I know these are 2 questions but, do you suggest me to buy Ozone 6 when i have the Ozone 5?

Thanks!

It's not a sidechain software. All it is is a simple volume envelope with some predefined curves for your amusement. Any volume envelope will do you exact same thing and I find it really really hard to believe that there's actually one envelope out there that's better than another.

If all you want is a sidechain compression effect, then that one will most certainly do. If you want to create more effect like sequences then perhaps volumeshaper and/or filtershaper is a nice addition.

If you knew what to do with Ozone 5, you probably wouldn't ask that question.

Frankly it sounds more like you don't know how to use what you have already than you need to buy more software. Keep practicing, look up tutorials on sidechaining on youtube and keep practicing.

Not sure what DAW you're using, but I always come back Ableton's native Compressor. That said, plugins like the Xfer LFO Tool and Waves OneKnob Pumper are providing a pretty convenient alternative to conventional sidechaining these days (especially when it comes to using ghost tracks and changing rhythmic values).

There are so many ways to get the side chain (ducking) effect. You can literally achieve it by just making a volume automation where you just lower the volume on ever kick drum. If you have FL studio, Grossbeat has a sidechain preset that I use on pads and other synths. For my basslines and subs, I use Fruity Limiter. There's just too many options. Limiters are the better options for kicks and bass lines, because you can sidechain it, so that it is triggered, rather than defaulted.

Back