Best Daw For arranging audio

bkhi

*THIS IS NOT ANOTHER WHICH DAW IS THE BEST THREAD

i use maschine and drag and drop stems into audio clips in pro tools. I find that arranging audio clips is much much easier than arranging a whole song's worth of drum midi in maschine. Would I be better off just using ableton for audio clip arrangement, or is pro tools the fastest way to cut, crop, arrange audio?

If I were you, I'd stick to PT and maschine. Don't get me wrong, Ableton live is my DAW of choice, but only for composing. I mix all of my tracks on PT. That is how I work. My personal workflow. Others may work differently and thats totally fine.

You can also route maschine into Pro Tools if this makes the process easier on your end. Stemming out your tracks can take a while, but once routed, you can save your PT as a template so you don't have to route the channels every time you're about to start a new session.

Reason I stand behind staying within PT, is because of the quality of sound the DAW produces (not saying this is better than other DAWs. Again, my personal opinion). It easy to modify audio clips. You can break the audio and such. A lot can be done in PT.

Hope this helps bud.

Why don't you try them out for yourself.. Most if not all daws have trial versions available so cut, chop, slice, dice, glue, mangle and crop in as many different ones as you'd like.

Nobody knows what will work for you!

Last edited:
I'm using Ableton Live and Pro Tools. Ableton for composing, cranking out loops, which works fine for me in the session view. For working with audio tracks, however, I prefer Pro Tools big time over Ableton. The edit functions are so much faster. Ableton is a pain in the ass when it comes to audio editing.

There may be DAWs with similar fast editing. So if you feel the need, try some demos. I personally tend to stick with tools that work fine for me, and then go deep and develop a workflow with them instead of looking too much around. That doesn't seem very productive to me, but this is, of course, my very personal opinion;-)

Back