Beat making laptop?

JaxBeats

I currently use a mac mini for all my beat storage, but i wanted to convert over to a laptop.

Whats the best laptop for making beats?

(Windows preferably bcuz I need to get FL studio)

a laptop with i7 processor and alot of ram is the best . graphics card dont really matter but you will need an usb audio interface and splitter usb if you want to add more equipement ( midi-usb keyboard mpd pad mixer ect..).

and i forgot dont buy acer laptop they break all the time and have a very bad custommer service i bought one and its the worst move i ever did.

Last edited:
a laptop with i7 processor and alot of ram is the best . graphics card dont really matter but you will need an usb audio interface and splitter usb if you want to add more equipement ( midi-usb keyboard mpd pad mixer ect..).

and i forgot dont buy acer laptop they break all the time and have a very bad custommer service i bought one and its the worst move i ever did.

thanks yo.

The graphics hardware does matter a little if it is sharing system memory.

I use a Dell Inspiron I'm not going to look up the model but's it has
4GIGS of RAM(upgrading it to 8 gigs of RAM in Feb.)
i3 processor

it handles FL Studio and third-party plugs fine

but I would recommend going with at least a i5,with 4gigs of RAM(don't buy a laptop with 8gigs of RAM)
cheaper to add 4gigs of RAM later yourself or have your local computer store tech do it for you
I never had problems with Dell laptop
brought both of mines from Walmart ....yes Walmart

-Coach Antonio

i3 processor

but I would recommend going with at least a i5,with 4gigs of RAM(don't buy a laptop with 8gigs of RAM)
cheaper to add 4gigs of RAM later yourself or have your local computer store tech do it for you

-Coach Antonio

the only probleme is that way he lose his guarentee every laptop come with one years guarentee so i recommend to not open it .

Last edited:
i3 processor

-Coach Antonio

You need to do the math in order to figure out if it's cheaper to do a DIY upgrade.

I've had a Acer netbook for about 4 years. The screen may be to small though for efficiency though as it's a netbook. Also I had and HP and the hinges broke.

macbook pro with parallels or bootcamp :P

That sounds good, apple always makes quality housing for their laptops. You would have to smash it with a hammer to break it haha

I would definitely do that. But you have to pay for $1200 laptop and $50 windows

Back