Attention REASON users!!! QUICK TIP

Knoqx.com

Hello, how's it going? I hope all is well.
Q: When importing .wav files in Reason, how do you stop them from being automatically warped?
A: right-click your imported wav files and select Disable Stretch, the files will revert to the song's tempo.

YAO, what about the spiders :/
I don't think it's in e manual.
Merger splittings is vague. Mergin audio's simple but what if splitters is just another way to parallel compress with effects or something tho

kkk you are wrong

there is plenty of info in the manuals on how the spiders work

a splitter is simply to split your audio/cv into multiple paths (4 per spider) - where you direct that audio is up to you - I use multiple spiders to achieve 8 or mores sends without control levels when making combinator based multi-fx

i.e.

reasonSpiders.png

you can use multiple 6:2 or 14:2 mixers to combine the outputs of the fx you use to bring everything back before sending to the combinator output

always a good idea with type of combinator to make sure that you use one of the splits to ensure that you have untreated signal as well

happy to share some specific designs if interested

The direct way without spiders is easy but the spider way...eh...I want to learn as much about that one module as possible, will check the manual again.

you could also use the merge sides of those spiders above to re-merge all outputs into a single output (a form of analogue summing)

reasonSpiders2.png

Last edited:
I get it now when I tried adding effects the spider way it didn't work because I didn't output the spiders correctly and in most cases, at all.
Instead of using the effects outputs after inserting all the input wires, I literally attempted to connect the splitters output directly to the mixer with the last output slot to the right instead of the outputs directly from the effects modules :/

The outputs all work fine, I realized that no effects are triggered when you use a blank output for the mixer and that's the clean signal :O
The effects and their inputs have to be added to the respective areas to be audible and their outputs have to be used directly since the splitter's already used up for the inputs. I'm not even gonna attempt trying to use thor as one of those until way later lol.

Back