Anyone use this guitar software riffstation

corporatethief

Saw this guitar software riffstation on youtube there other day.
It seems like its software to help learn how to play the guitar or guitar solos.
But I already can play the guitar , but it has some handy features for beat making
like in the video above might help find the bass line for sample based beats .

I only have been using it for the past few days. I downloaded the free trail
but it seems like a cool piece of software , im still new to using it , ill have to play around with
a little more Riffstation - Amazing Guitar Software - It's Guitar Hero for Real!

Riffstation is certainly is a great concept and has a sleek interface. However, there are numerous reviews that criticize the ability of the software to accurately recognize the guitar chords of a song. Given that the software is limited to major, minor and 7th chords and considering the difficulties of analyzing guitar chords in general I am left wondering if it would have been better to release the software without the chord recognition feature for $30. The other features seem solid and are far more powerful than similar products such as the 'Amazing Slow Downer'. Overall Riffstation can be a great help for beginning guitar players who wish to develop their ears and who don't mind playing the wrong chord every once in a while.

Last edited:
Back