any winows 8 users having problems with pro-tools or other DAWS

dksucharda

I am getting a new compouter and I think I am going to be using protools, however my use of protools is not confirmed. Windows 8 is a new operating system and is very different than windows 7. This I already know. But on the pro tools website it is reccomended that it be used with windows 7. Is there anybody that is using windows 8 and have you had any problems? I would appreciate input on this but would also appreciate opions about windows 8 with other DAWs.Thanks.

Pro Tools 10 will install and operate on Windows 8. You just have make sure you disable User Account Control and set the installer files to Windows 7 compatibility mode.

*But at this time it is not supported. So Avid will not support it in the event of something going wrong.

Wouldn't really want to build my main DAW on the premise that it'll possibly work. Either go with something else or wait until PT is Win8 compatible.

^this is the reason I am sticking with Win7 for the time being.

No real reason to upgrade to Win8 if it's just Win7 with a new look, and not guaranteed to support my current setup. Too risky.

Back