any good house synthesizer plugins

matrix123

I'm looking for amazing plugins for making those professional synths you here from producers like disclosure Calvin Harris and skrillex I already have komplete 9 massive and absynth any recommendations for professional plugins for mac will be appreciated thanks p.s. my daw is logic pro x

Skrillex uses FM8 for his basses (I read one interview where he finds it funny how people think he uses massive for his basses), but I think that you have pretty much everything to make "professional sounding" songs with what you have. You know, the quality of the sound ins't made only by the quality of the synth.

I have been producing now for +- 2,5 years and pretty much the only synthesizer plugins i used are Sylenth and Massive. And sometimes some of the stock FL plugins. I have been trough a lot of genre's: Dubstep, Drum and bass, Trance, Progressive House and now mainly deep house/techno. And they worked perfect for all those genres. I think it isn't about getting as much plugins as possible but just using a couple of them and master them perfectly. I can now pretty much use Sylenth with my eyes closed :P. Altough sometimes using a new plugin can be u huge new source of inspiration.

So my recommendation is focusing on what you already got, but if you really want something new then my recommendation is Sylenth. Harmor is great one for modifying Dubstep/Drum and Bass basses. Good luck!

check out synth 1 its free and recently released for mac, has tons of soundbanks available for it

Sylenth1, Massive, Z3ta+ and FM8 are the most usual on your genre. Although you might have to learn to modulate the sounds and to build your own sounds to get decent preset you are looking for. But it's going to be rewarding.

I'm looking for amazing plugins for making those professional synths you here from producers like disclosure Calvin Harris and skrillex

I think it's more due to their talent than what synths they use...
Learn more about synthesis and go see your stocksynths in Logic, I'm pretty sure they're capable of more than you think.

I think it's more due to their talent than what synths they use...
Learn more about synthesis and go see your stocksynths in Logic, I'm pretty sure they're capable of more than you think.
This x 100!
Red One used stock locic synths on so many projects. It´s synth programming, compression, layering, EQ, Delay and reverb that makes great sounds. Not what synth you are using.
Edit: Add saturation/distortion to that list :)

Last edited:
Also there are actually amazing sounding vst instruments other than Native Instruments and Sylenth. Maybe you should try spending less time worrying what other people use and get to know (that had been said here before) what you have right in front of your nose instead.

Having all "the best" synths won't get you anywhere.

Skrillex uses FM8 for his basses (I read one interview where he finds it funny how people think he uses massive for his basses)

Well, actually he said that he uses FM8 and Massive - but that his best "monster basses" have come from FM8. Not that it matters much - everyone seems to be using Massive anyway. I'd rather look into something completely different; as Wallengard said, there are a sh*tload of great, great instruments out there yet all I ever see mentioned here are Massive and Sylenth.

appreciate the advice y'all I will definitely look up for tutorials on mastering the plugins I have another question does anyone have any experience with omnisphere I hear it makes the best synths

Omnisphere is a heavy beast. Sure it´s a great Plug-In, just not your regular twist-that knob synth. It has a slightly different approach and is very resource heavy, but you can play 8 different "synths"/sounds on one instance of Omnisphere (multi out). It sounds fantastic, I use it a on strings, pads, human voice-like sounds and bass when I wan´t some quality sounds. But be quick to bounce/freeze the tracks. Unless you have a monster machine.
Price is a lil stiff but absolutely worth it. I have both Omnisphere, Trillian and Stylus RMX from Spectrasonics. Great plugins.

Sylenth1, Massive, Z3ta+ and FM8 are the most usual on your genre. Although you might have to learn to modulate the sounds and to build your own sounds to get decent preset you are looking for. But it's going to be rewarding.

I have my own combo of synths to use together. AND HEY I LIKE YOUR IDEA! too :D

I do all of my monster basses with FL's sytrus. If you already understand your additive values for waveforms it is more powerful than FM8 as a synthesizer, but not as an effects rack. Massive and Sylenth are both very nice synths if you take your time with your sound design. I think Massive's preset pack is lackluster compared to a lot of other synths. If you are too lazy to do sound design I would definitely recommend ReFX's Nexus.

I do all of my monster basses with FL's sytrus. If you already understand your additive values for waveforms it is more powerful than FM8 as a synthesizer, but not as an effects rack. Massive and Sylenth are both very nice synths if you take your time with your sound design. I think Massive's preset pack is lackluster compared to a lot of other synths. If you are too lazy to do sound design I would definitely recommend ReFX's Nexus.

Although I don't use Sytrus (I'm a bit lazy to learn how to use it), I agree, some basses made in it are extremely good.

Massive may seem a little complicated at first glance, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to synthesize almost anything with it.

man there are so many synths out there you could use. i would recommend focusing on one synth and learning everything about it. most of the synths listed are either subtractive, FM, wavetable or a sampling based programs. i'd probably start with a subtractive synth eg, sylenth1 because they are pretty straight forward due to how its modulated by filtering. then once you've got a handle on that i'd learn other types of synthesis. it'd be really helpful to google it and learn the different types of synthesis and how they work. but back on track to your question, all those synths are what the pro's use. hope thats helpful

At the end of the day it comes down to how good you know your tool, and what you're using it for. And also it isn't just synths. EFFECTS play a major role in shaping your sound. Actually the majority of commercial synths just have a tone of built in effects. And now I'll list some free, pretty freaking good synths, that no one has listed yet.
1) Charllaten - probably spelled that wrong. It's a subtractive synth. The interface is amazingly simple. Usually use that for my leads.
2) Basic65- A 'chiptune' era sounding vst with a tone of advanced stuff you can do to modulate the sound. It has lfo mod, arpeggio, portamento, delay, pwm, ring mod, and you can modulate a lot of parameters using lfo-including ADSR and all of the effects I mentioned. Then it has a 'dirt' knob which really puts the sound through some kind of bitcrush effect, making it sound 'old'. Also to top the cake there's chorus, unison, flanger, and a gater. Plus prob I forgot to mention some other stuff.
Synth1) Someone already mentioned. But yea.
Oatmeal)This thing is a monster.
hOrnet)
Check out De La Mancha, and DSK. They make all kinds of free synths.
Stock plugins. Get to know your stock plugins.

Sorry if im butting in wrong here but I have an idea.

A lot of these synths they mention are really cool. And hey, I like them a lot too!

But if you want one synth that sounds like a combo of all wrapped up into one check DUNE 2. it has a mildy aggressive sound that's unique. Cinematic. Mildy deep housish.

Back