Another VS Thread... Logic Pro vs FL

Tad

Ok so I spent the whole day today playing around with Fl studio, currently im able to produce little cool loops which is I guess alright for one day on the software. I really want to switch to mac but as you already know FL is not available on mac that is why im very... very interested in Logic pro, how long does it usually take to pick up logic vs fl studio, im pretty experienced with software and computers in general (graphic/web designer atm). currently im not the biggest fan of fl studio, the whole pattern thing is someone "downgrading",what are your suggestions?

Yeah ive been playing around with FL for the past few days... not a huge fan of the software, i have the ideas but i just cant lay them down, to me logic looks much better

i have logic pro and it is very easy to learn...i learned by doing the logic 101 tutorial from macprovideo

All depends on how much time you invest in learning it. Get a good book and read the manual and it shouldn't take you more than a weekend to start making music with it.

I'm on fl, but I would love to give logic a try. But it's 2013, every Daw is possible of producing a quality sound.

currently FL studio has way more features than logic.... logic hasnt been updated significantly for years... i would say the workflow in logic is more straight forward and more traditional (ie cubase like) and the native effects are great imo but it is lacking certain features that have since become standard like a decent time stretching/warping/pitch shifting algorithm

but... i reckon logic will be given a huge overhaul soon so it might be worth taking the plunge to get to know it... i guess you'll have no choice if your'e on mac anyway :)

Back