Am I rubbish, or is Reason holding me back?

I personally hate Reason - I think it is overwhelming and too complicated. it's not because i'm stupid or lazy, I just like what I like. If I used Reason - I wouldn't even know how to make at beat at all - much less a great beat.

Actually, you are linking yourself by only making dubstep songs. Step outside of dubstep and try different things. You will learn more that way.

I personally hate Reason - I think it is overwhelming and too complicated. it's not because i'm stupid or lazy, I just like what I like. If I used Reason - I wouldn't even know how to make at beat at all - much less a great beat.
Reason doesn't have to be complicated just open a patch and press record. You don't have to do the routing stuff if you don't want to. I am not sure why people find Reason to be so complex especially when there are DAWs out there with layers upon layers of features like Live, FL Studio, Reaper, or Cubase.

I personally hate Reason -

Don't feel bad bro,you're not the only one.(i hate reason and live also)
The thing that turned me off about both of them is their sequencer,it's wack.And i know alot of cats love the refills but if you have Kontakt you know the deal with their library.

Peace

Reason is great DAW if You know how to use it, like any other DAW. Compare UI of Reason and other DAW's, and when You click "Tab" button on your keyboard in Reason, I don't think that any of other DAW's have something like that. Each DAW is good in his own way.

Reason is great DAW if You know how to use it, like any other DAW. Compare UI of Reason and other DAW's, and when You click "Tab" button on your keyboard in Reason, I don't think that any of other DAW's have something like that. Each DAW is good in his own way.

Ok...and,who said it wasn't?EVERY D.A.W. has it's own unique features.
I stated MY opinion and once again someone has to come behind me and try to talk me down.Not going to happen.If you like it then cool,do you.

Peace

Ok...and,who said it wasn't?EVERY D.A.W. has it's own unique features.
I stated MY opinion and once again someone has to come behind me and try to talk me down.Not going to happen.If you like it then cool,do you.

Peace

Who said that I was talking to You? I was talking in general...

Easy Margaret,i made a comment and then you came right behind and made a general comment but it seemed like it was directed towards me.

K.I.M

Peace

Don't feel bad bro,you're not the only one.(i hate reason and live also)
The thing that turned me off about both of them is their sequencer,it's wack.And i know alot of cats love the refills but if you have Kontakt you know the deal with their library.

Peace
hmm I own Kontakt I own Reason I still love refills. Never got why people see everything as a vs contest. Truth be told I hardly use Kontakt. I own it just because there are libraries out there I want that require the full version of Kontakt. Plus it was a Christmas gift.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Reason would be probably the best DaW if he had option to use VST's. Reason got great refills but there are also a lot of great VST's.
Reason has bigger problems that no vst support.

Ollie, i was in your boat 2 years ago. If i hadn't ditched reason and learned ableton, there would be no rihanna "jump"... Havent opened reason in years and started having a lot more fun the minute i got ableton down.. Its daunting at first, but you will have it down in two weeks

Interesting to hear what kind of ''songs'' you can make in a certain DAW, haven't tried out Ableton Live but seems like its getting bigger and bigger nowadays, really you shouldn't go for the ''most popular'' or whatever people say, you gotta try them all out, for real, I just found out some BANGERS i mean BANGERS that are made in NUENDO, shit, just couldn't picture that.

Share songs that are made in ableton, logic etc etc =) kinda motivates you haha, FL is too obvious tho, all the hiphop songs nowadays are made there, at least 6/10.

hmm I own Kontakt I own Reason I still love refills. Never got why people see everything as a vs contest. Truth be told I hardly use Kontakt. I own it just because there are libraries out there I want that require the full version of Kontakt. Plus it was a Christmas gift.

I never said it was a vs. type of deal.I just think Kontakt is dope,and the library is bigger and better.My opinion bruh.

Peace

Ollie, i was in your boat 2 years ago. If i hadn't ditched reason and learned ableton, there would be no rihanna "jump"... Havent opened reason in years and started having a lot more fun the minute i got ableton down.. Its daunting at first, but you will have it down in two weeks
what did Ableton offer you that Reason didn't in terms of creating that song? I use Reason rewired to Ableton I haven't done much of anything in Ableton that I couldn't already do in Reason but I like that I can pick and choose the tools I want because of vst.

I never said it was a vs. type of deal.I just think Kontakt is dope,and the library is bigger and better.My opinion bruh.

Peace
You're entitled to it but that's not how your statement looked. You said you hate Reason and Live. People like refills but anyone with Kontakt knows better sort of thing. I don't find one to be better than the other honestly. Kontakt is dope. Reason is great at other things too. Example Reason is a lot more flexible when it comes to synths than Reason is. That is what Reason is really about synths and fx not so much about bread and butter sounds vs Kontakt which is all about bread and butter sounds. Its hard to say they are even similar to me except that Reason has similar sounds. Kontakt patches offer a ton of flexibility without having to add your own fx that Reason doesn't offer. Again not saying your wrong your opinion is in a lot of ways very valid as is mine.
Interesting to hear what kind of ''songs'' you can make in a certain DAW, haven't tried out Ableton Live but seems like its getting bigger and bigger nowadays, really you shouldn't go for the ''most popular'' or whatever people say, you gotta try them all out, for real, I just found out some BANGERS i mean BANGERS that are made in NUENDO, shit, just couldn't picture that.

Share songs that are made in ableton, logic etc etc =) kinda motivates you haha, FL is too obvious tho, all the hiphop songs nowadays are made there, at least 6/10.
DAWs don't make songs people do. There is no song that can be made in Live that cannot be made else where.

Connect wires.....BE A MAN!!!! BE A MAN DAMMIT! You can make a beat in Fruity loops....but can't get sound coming from your TV through your stereo...........

I've kept assuming this thread would die. I need to start checking regularly again! As a general response to everyone, if a sequencer is 'wack', tell me why it is 'wack'. Libraries? Where's the fun in stock sounds? If you prefer Ableton to Reason, why?

There are plenty of opinions floating around but I was only ever asking about Reasons capabilities. Routing doesn't bother me, it's the best thing about Reason after all. It's simply that my tracks aren't so loud/heavy etc like commercial productions, and I wondered if Reason's CAPABILITIES were anything to do with that. The complexity of the task is moot to me. VST's aren't an issue either as rack extensions have got it covered, plus the routing capabilities of those. I mean, you can actually use sidechain dynamics on any wet send effect. So tits!

Maybe you need to learn some new techniques? You could try other software also, but Reason seems to be pretty legit.

Back