Advice Please!

BalanceUK

Hi all,

Really need some advice.

I have used Reason for around 9 years, and would describe myself as an 'advance' user, producing Future Garage, House, Tech House and some Hip Hop with a number of tracks on labels, firstly on R3, then to R5. Take a look at some of my tracks here: Search soundclloud - BalanceUK

I recently made the move to Ableton as sidechaining was made very simple and I wanted to achieve the mastered sound with the professional EQ and effects. I also purchased Komplete 10 Ultimate along with Maschine 2 with Mikro mk2... there is one slight problem... the workflow is so slow! Maschine makes live difficult after coming from a Reason background and I haven't released a track in about 6 months.

I have recently done a course at Manchester Midi School and I am quite good with Ableton - should I need to rewire Reason in. With Maschine however (especially drum programming) I'll never be the same standard with the fluid workflow as I have on Reason I miss Redrum 16 pads!

My question is: Do I sell up for Reason 8/9? Or is Maschine worth the time and effort?

I am a huge fan of the Massive VST!

Any advice is very welcome.

Thanks

Set up:
i7 PC
27" Monitor
KRK Rokit 8 G2
Sapphire 6 USB
Reason 5
Ableton 9 Live
Komplete U10
Maschine 2.4
Maschine Mikro Mk2
Alesis QX49

I would use what you are comfortable with, all daws do pretty much the same thing they just have different UI's and stock plugins. But the main question you have to ask yourself is "does Reason not have certain features you want or do you feel like it limits your creativity, and makes your workflow more linear and less creative?" If it does then i would recommend the change.

Back