Absynth vs massive

dogbo415

Wasssup FP im getting my skills up with massive and absynth is anyone here proficient with these? im leaning towards massive for leads and absynth for background shit what do you think of them?

I own massive and i like it a lot. It's really good. I dont own absynth but i have seen it and personally didn't like it that much but perhaps that is because i also dont need it for the music i make. I think massive can get closer to absynth then the other way around.

I own massive and i like it a lot. It's really good. I dont own absynth but i have seen it and personally didn't like it that much but perhaps that is because i also dont need it for the music i make. I think massive can get closer to absynth then the other way around.

yeah im gonna give absynth a rest for alil bit and phuck with massive. absynth is better for fx and soundtrack shit

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

I like them both.......different flavas!

i seen in your sig it says paris you out there right now? im from SF livin in France

Massive is good and very easy to learn..it is my go-to synth no matter what...keep playing with it there are zillions of tutorials on youtube learn how to make a variety of sounds and you will be able to make any sound of your own in no time at all.

I agree with other opinions, Massive is probably one of the most accessible, easy to learn and use synthesis around.
If you just learning or you lazy you can one of the 1000's of presets but if you want to go with your creativity you can tweak some knobs and make your own sounds.
However they are all subtractive synths so you can achieve similar results with most of them and I believe there are easier ones to learn with.
My tip would be unless you have some little knowledge of how does synthesis works... stick with Massive. ;)

Yes, I live here...........PM me, if you wanna hook-up!

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

dogbo415 i seen in your sig it says paris you out there right now? im from SF livin in France[/QUOTE said:
Yes, I live here...........PM me, if you wanna hook-up!

Last edited:
Absynth shags my RAM. Even though I have 8 gigs of RAM, because FL is restricted to 32bit plugins (don't talk to be about the awesome 64bit ''bridge'' that crashes ALL the time), I can't actually use it until a 64bit version of FL is released.

The RAM shagging is both for 32 & 64 bit version of the plugin. :(

i havnt had to many issues with absynth taking up ram. i have 10 gigs not much of a difference. and still havnt got the fl bridge working but im not on fl as much anyways

Back