ableton for rock?

LRB

I always hear people talking about abletons only good for edm and other computer music styles but has anyone actually used it for anything like rock or a different kind of style?

Ive incorporated guitar. I find some extra mastering VSTS work as a great addtition.

ABletons effects will work for rock part of the way but their guitar amp sucks.

I love GTR3 by WAVES for guitar.

Faith Fox EDM ANthony Lowery

I thought waves plugins don't work with ableton? I don't get why loads of people are against using ableton as a main daw like they use pro tools or logic you can do the same things as other dAws so why not use it like you'd use pro tools for mixing all different styles

1st reason would be the massive amounts of misinformation that internet forums are responsible for. Ableton Live is capable of doing whatever you need it to do seeing it's more powerful than what people 15 years ago were using to make music. One problem some people come across is the PDC issue when running 3rd party plugins so that might be an issue if you plan on using tons of Fabfliter or waves plugins when mastering. I've never encountered PDC problems because I stick with stock plugins. Limit yourself and amazing things will happen, I believe.

2... Live was not meant for mastering albums. That's not it's purpose and it's been repeated by the big dogs at Ableton. People who produce shouldn't be mastering their own music anyway.

Back