Ableton Live and Reaktor snapshots overwrite

stablum

So I built my custom synth with Reaktor. Being used to produce several drum sounds, I have usually different instances of it on different Ableton Live tracks.
The problem is snapshot saving. Apparently Ableton Live does not store the current settings of the synth (first problem), so I have to use the snapshot capability. But, even if I append the snapshots, the entire snapshots settings get overwritten if I save the synth.
Example problem: I created a kick on one instance of my synth, I store the snapshot and I save the ensemble. Then, I open the other instance of my synth that had a snare drum, I slightly change the snare drum and I store the snapshot. When I save, the ensemble settings of the kick (in the other instance) are of course overwritten.
The only way trough export to add a snapshot and export the bank at each small change I make. This is very impractical. Another "solution" would be to save an ensemble for each instance of my synth that I want to use in my project. This is also extremely cumbersome.
I think that my way of working (several instances of one synth in an Ableton Live project) is very common. So, how do people manage with every small change? Maybe there is a way to avoid storing snapshot and let Ableton Live completely save the settings of my ensemble? But how?
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Normally Live does save your plugin settings just fine - but I remember having the same problem with Reaktor ages ago. The system NI is (apparently still) using is very clunky - can't really recall the specifics of the snapshot system, but at least you know it's not really a Live problem, and there are lots of other people using the same combo. Try googling for "reaktor ableton snapshots" or something, I found some threads on other forums talking about it, but dunno if they were exactly about this thing.

Normally Live does save your plugin settings just fine - but I remember having the same problem with Reaktor ages ago. The system NI is (apparently still) using is very clunky - can't really recall the specifics of the snapshot system, but at least you know it's not really a Live problem, and there are lots of other people using the same combo. Try googling for "reaktor ableton snapshots" or something, I found some threads on other forums talking about it, but dunno if they were exactly about this thing.

I have searched intensely with google but it seems that it's considered normal to just create copies of the ensemble. Of course this will just create a mess with the snapshots. I wondering if I can avoid this, but I am afraid that's not possible.

Then, the problem about ableton not saving the ensemble's configuration it's a different thing. Maybe it has to do with VST parameters id's in the synth (maybe they have to be set as lower than a certain value to be visible?)

Last edited:
Maybe it has to do with VST parameters id's in the synth (maybe they have to be set as lower than a certain value to be visible?)

I don't know if it's in any way related to the parameter ids - I always thought that it's just the way Reaktor is built: there's the Reaktor plugin, and there's the ensemble running inside it, and Live only sees the "outer shell" of Reaktor itself.

Last edited:
Back