Ableton Live convolution reverb dry/wet knob problem...

TOBZ

Hey guys, so every time I open up my project in Live and play it, I notice that my tracks are sounding dry.
So I check my reverbs in my tracks, and notice that all the dry/wet knobs on the convolution reverb is turned down to 0% while I did not turn them down before saving...
Any insights on this issue?
Thanks.

TOBZ

My opinion is that convolution reverb is not very stable. I too have seen parameters reset after reloading Live. Furthermore, it crashes my live set when i use several instances, or particularly when automating some parameter.
But it is my favorite reverb; I love its variety of spaces.
So the workaround I use is to get the verb right during one work session, then re-render the audio with the verb on.
It is sort of committal, but i got tired of dialing the perfect verbs, only to have them gone next time i open Live.
And of course the crashes were wrecking my workflow.
So yeah, get it right and get it down workaround.

This is probably a Max issue - I think I've read about similar things happening with other M4L devices. Maybe email Ableton support and see if they have anything to say?

That's actually quite a useful tip. I'll try to incorporate that next time... many thanks!
I'm starting a forum to support/build a community like this. Check it out and register if you're interested. Thank you!
guitardigger.com

TOBZ

Back