Ableton Live 8 Suite - Download vs. Boxed Version

chakarakka

i am looking to upgrade from live 8 lite to live 8 suite, but i noticed on ableton's site it says they're sold out of the boxed version. i wanted to the boxed version as it comes with a printed manual (which i really need as i'm a newbie) as well as "40GB of sounds" .. just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the major differences or if i should just go ahead and get the download version.

i have contacted ableton about this but i have not received any response other than them saying "We just wanted to let you know that we've received your email and that a real human will get back to you shortly."

thanks,
chak

I just got the download version after leaving Lite last Saturday. I'm spent a lot of music gear so my decision was based on funding. Sounds can be found anywhere and my library will grow over time. I don't need pay for sounds I may never use. Some production magazines come with 4GBs of sound at a time. So you can use the extra money to buy sample kits/pack based on your liking.

Enjoy! I certainly am.

Dunno if it's changed, but at least previously Session Drums (which makes up the bulk of that 40Gb at 28Gb) was only available in the boxed version. Seems that you can actually download at least parts of it from the site...

Back