2 questions about FL studio 8

Audio Cleaver

1) I have had FLS 8 for 5 years now and had no trouble with it, but lately it's been acting up. I must have changed something in the preferances, because now everytime I do something in a project the browser to the left opens up new folders about the project history and automation etc. I know it's supposed to, but lately it's been opening them and it's really annoying that the browser can't stay put while working on a project, you constantly have to collapse all and re-enter the folder you were browsing. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2) I've been wanting to upgrade since FLS 9 came out, but I'm just too worried that it'll affect my current setup negatively. For example having to resample tracks in old projects because the new version does know the tracks location yet or something. Can the transition to the newest version be smooth or am I bound to take some losses?

Thanks in advance!

try clicking just above the browser where it says snap, and click it to the drop down menu and try clicking frozen. Solved my issue.

Back