1000 dollar shopping spree on 'creative' plugins!

Yumid

Ok so I have about a grand I wanna spend. Doesnt mean I will spend it all, I most likely won't. Im just saying that I can so it gives a little wiggle room for idea.

Don't turn this into a 'plugins don't matter' thread. I know. I almost never buy plugins, so I want to do some shopping now that I am getting my room treated/new monitors etc..im in a buying mood.

Keep in mind I use Pro Tools 11 so AAX plugins please. But assuming some people won't know any AAX plugins, feel free to just say what you'd spend a grand on just for the hell of it.

I already own the AIR instrument expansion pack, I don't need any more synths/samplers, etc.. between Hybrid, Vacuum, Loom, Transfuser and Structure pro I'm pretty much set for Synths/ Samplers and slicers. I am mostly looking for creative effects here. With that being said I wouldnt mind a drum VST besides Strike or Boom which I have.

Ill give you some example.

isotope bundle, comes with 4 plugins, Iris(I know i said no more synth type stuff but this looks VERY cool), Trash 2(distortion), BreakTweaker(very revolutionary drum machine it looks like with micro slicing, looks great) and Stutter Edit (a plugin for creating different stutter effects)

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/bundles/creative/

That bundle right there almost sums up the kind of stuff I'm looking for perfectly. So right now its in the lead, but I made this thread to see what else is out there.

Meta Filter from waves also looks really cool. I wouldnt mind getting a really nice filter plugin like this. Open to suggestions.

MetaFilter - Creative Filter Plugin | Waves

"Creative Effects".

Hmm.

How "creative" do they have to be, in-and-of themselves?

MeldaProduction has some pretty unique plugins, lots of multi-band twists on traditional processing.

-Ki
Salem Beats

I still advocate for my favorite compamy Waves. Although it isn't typically a shopping spree place. That is because they have different sales each month. I just bought True verb on Monday a one day for 29 dollars.

I love GTR3, it my favorite piece of software for guitars. It runs 140. But all so worth it.

GEQ is a phase remover too from what the video once said.

Just for building"your own" sound. Pick according to what you want to sound like is the analog realm.

One indispensable pack by waves. is focourse the limiters in the L16 LLs. Always need a an incredible Limiter.

looks like you may even be interedt in Sonalkis though. Although pricey.

Don't forget to check out KVR for plugs. And of course the best ofs at sound on sound.

I always like my steup with Mic modeler for 49 dollars currently I believe.

Im also a huge advocate of my Bx5a monitors. They are super flat and get low. I suspect the D2s are even better and am aming for the bx8 d2s in the future. They are better than house speakers but extremely flat. I also like my Senheiser HD 280 Pros. They pair well together with my M audio bx5a's.

I wouldn't even think too hard about this one.. they don't cost much and they are VERY high quality.

Every one of Valhalla DSP's plug-ins is insanely great.. UberMod and Room are particularly excellent... just buy them all.. you can learn them in an hour and they will provide you with years of amazing inspiration. You can use these with nearly every type of source material imaginable from voice, guitars, drums, to analog synthesizers.. They sound particularly great with electronic music..

Sorry, new user here, wouldn't let me post a link...

You mean plugins which are unique and go beyond standard effects?

I can't really say, because I only own 1 plugin, but I am a serious windows shopper, so here's a few plugins on my wishlist.

Absynth has a reputation for doing odd things. Harmor also does some unique things.

Also to look at on the slightly more exotic side of things are curve 2, synplant and glitch 2.

Some people swear hardware is amazing- you could get a virus synth or a sherman filterbank .

I have heard reaktor is very powerful with lots of potential, but I haven't looked at that very thoroughly yet.

Oh hey bye the way.

If you are in the mood for stuff you aren't used to check out kvraudio.com. They are all about VST's.

Fabfilter is really creative. Their demo videos are really pleasing to listen to as well. ALtough pricey plugins , some swear by them.

Rapture is a synth I use for drums and sounds really analog and flat although is limited in a few ways, you can get a lot of oscilators. It sounds drum like in a lot of ways. Strong sounding synth by Cakewalk.

Im selling my ES 1 mkii. but its hardware drum machine with samples on it. but its cool. just to throw it out there in case its a win win. I don't like Korg anymore and wont advocate due to their sleezy ad.

"Creative Effects".

Hmm.

How "creative" do they have to be, in-and-of themselves?

MeldaProduction has some pretty unique plugins, lots of multi-band twists on traditional processing.

-Ki
Salem Beats

just looked at meld, some cool stuff. Creative bundle is in the running now for something I might get.

Well,

Do you have Komplete already? Many of the synth plugins (i.e., Absynth, FM8) can be used as effects, with great results. ;)

It's on sale right now, too, so it's a good use of money:
Amazon.com: Native Instruments Komplete 9: Musical Instruments

-Ki
Salem Beats

kompletes something I hear about every day but have NEVER looked into, I think it might be time to do a little research on it.

edit: it seems like komplete main selling point is the the nice synths and stuff in it? Is there anyway to just buy all the samples? I don't care about massive or reaktor, etc.. But i would love to get my hands on those orchestra/choir samples. As far as actual VSTS i am super satisfied with what I have(besides for a unique drum programmer with its own unique effects, like breaktwerker) and it feels like if I was buying komplete id be getting a bunch of stuff id never use.

where can I see a list of everything that comes in komplete? I've been looking but cant really find one. And it sounds like komplete 9 ultimate is the one with all the samples?

as for everyone else thanks, checking em all out now.

Last edited:
Back