Some bad / buggy sounds on World Instruments Collection Xpansion pack... ?

frozenjazz

Hello there,

after a first try with SampleTank 2.5XL, I was not that convinced... but for some reason I started to slowly enjoy the "different", "less polished" sounds...

and I bought Total Workstation Bundle 2.

Yesterday, I decided to add "World Instruments Collection" Xpansion pack...
And I was disappointed because I found many sounds that seem to have some problems in the lower range, the sound is suddenly totally dull (low level, and low pass filtered).

It is the case, for instance, with the "Koto" patch. But it appears with many different patches I tried. Also, the pitch bend is often set to +/-24, which sounds ridiculous...

I already noticed, in the Sampletank or SonicSynth2 libraries, that some sounds are a bit out of tune, and have very very differents volumes, but taken separately, each sound is good. Here, with this Xpansion, I have the feeling there is a kind of "bug", as this syndrome (very low level / filtered sounds in the lower range) affects many patches.

Am I the only one ? It is a pity, because some of these patches have a great potential, but I'd like to use them even in the lower notes.

Oooh, btw, I am using SampleTank Free to read all my sounds, but I guess the SampleTank 2.5XL or SampleTank Free engine/interface are the same...

They are indeed the same. That is odd as I don't have these issues on my installs. Try contacting support so we can help you get this straightened out.

Hey, Obi, I just saw your answer (notification was disabled it seems...)...

Well, I got an answer on KVR, the guy from eSoundz even offered me to download a new "updated" set, but same problem...

So you mean that you also have the "Worlds Instrument collections" from them, and it sounds ok?
I would be very curious to get, for instance, your Koto files (the ones from this collection, not the ones from SonicSynthII or SampleTank) to put them on my system and check.

I have no problem usually, it is only with this collection. Oh, yes, I have found some bad presets with out of tune (1 semitone....) sounds - don't know why but it is easy to correct.

I still try to use Sampletank/tron/SonicSynth as my main rompler - sounds are sometimes a bit off, out of tune, badly recorded, with bad loops, background noise, or with a very clear transition when you go from one sample to the next, but it has its charms compared to a totally perfect and maybe too "clinically clean" Kontakt factory selection, for instance.

You spend more time when simply just trying, for example, to have a "staccato string patch". As you won't find one, you make your own, by stacking several sounds you'll find in different collections... and the result is unique, at least it won't sound like everyone else :)

Yet, the GUI is really... oh well... please, Sampletank 3 !!!

The guy from eSounds helped create the sound libraries for all of IK's workstations. Great guy and even better musician! We are hard at work on SampleTank 3 and will have more details the closer we get to release, which of right now is looking good but no public ETA besides 2013.

Back