Sampletank 3

Definitely going to come out this year. Development has been going hard for a few years now and there was a GUI shown to a FEW people at NAMM in January.

Man I really hope Sampletank 3 will be as simple as Sampletank 2...especially with the GUI.

Really would be a waste to over-complicate a great product like Sampletank 2 with useless features...and believe it or not most soft-synth developers do this.

I was just looking at Halion and Motu Mach 5 and it all just looks like overkill. No-one is going to be doing that much in-depth editing..not with just the mouse and keyboard anyway

If they over-do it with Sampletank 3, I'll probably still be using Sampletank 2.5. I just can't believe how so many grown ass men are complaining and NOT satisfied with what they have.

Only thing that would be nice in Sampletank 3 is a dedicated hardware controller for it to get more hands on with layering/tweaking but that probably won't happen.

Last edited:
I just hope that Sampletank 3 comes to EXIST. Lol.

Most of those "useless features" aren't useless to the professional sound designers that make the sample libraries most of us use day-in and day-out. Even if you don't touch them, you're likely "using" them by proxy.

-Ki
Salem Beats

It does exist, there are FPers that are actually beta testing it right now. Its definitely schedule for the end of the year, before 2014. So be ready....

It does exist, there are FPers that are actually beta testing it right now. Its definitely schedule for the end of the year, before 2014. So be ready....

What!?

As I've mentioned in several threads, I have a background in computer programming. I can reproduce bugs with absolute clarity.

Can you see whether I can get in on this?!

-Ki
Salem Beats

I'll double check, but the team has been pretty closed off from beta testing in general. This is a test batch of a handful from all over the world. We'll definitely talk more about it though, check your PMs.

I'm actually in the process of making a video to show how powerful the stock libraries are for Sampletank and Sonik Synth. I just choose sounds, layer them and modify the sound if I have to. It is kind of nice limiting myself to one workstation actually.
This! It feels nice keeping things simple. I just don't feel the need anymore to have more than one soft-sampler/synth or a hundred vst effects that I will never learn.

Simplicity and limitation does produce great art.

Last edited:
Its very true and keeping the library super flexible and keeping it all focused on the sounds will make SampleTank 3 something you'll definitely be looking forward to...

Yea it would. ST2 looks simple enough to map to a generic midi controller though, thats why I hope ST3 will have the same simple GUI layout

There will be a ton of improvements in SampleTank 3 and with the recent iRig Keys midi controller you never know whats next and up our sleeves here at IK. ;)

I am a long time user of Sampletank, Sonik Synth, and Philharmonik and I can't wait for Sampletank 3. It has been a long wait, but hopefully that translates into a high quality product. I am really looking forward to adding Sampletank 3 to my production arsenal by the end of this year.

Is this still on schedule for the end of the year??

I mean it's mid-November... and so far not even a peep. You would think IK would want to build up a little press for the holiday season if this was really coming out...

We are still hard at work on it, we aren't teasing with any press as it is already highly anticipated. We'll have more info closer to release.

Back