Yamaha moxf8?

HalfBlacko0000

Good Music
Does anyone hear have a Yamaha moxf8? I'm thinking about buying one because my midi controller is a cheap Alexis midi controller and I'd like to get something that's 88 keys with decent keys I am spending around 1,600 and I figured instead of buying a nice 88 midi keyboard for around the same price why not get the moxf8 and get some motif sounds with it. I read you can use it as a plugin and it said vst but I'm on a Mac using logic can I still use it in logic I know I could route it as a none plugin but it would be nice if it was vst, au compatible if anyone else has any other suggestions I'm open ears.....

If I were you wait a few more months still have some gear to be released from a few companies and you don't want buyers remorse. Also check the new Roland fantom also can be used as vst. Most vst are compatible in macs these days so I wouldn't worry there.

Yea I see what ur saying I was looking at the new Roland fa-08 I would love a fantom but there out of my price range I wanna buy new and be able to update it with expansion slots this is a huge investment for me I wanna take a trip to guitar center and check some of them out

I worked at GC just know that the list price isnt the sale price we often gave discounts just lowered out cut of the sale so dont pay sticker price if you do decide to buy from them.

Thanks for the tip but I'll more then likely be buying online and demo at GC I just hope they have some newer stuff there there website is filled with outdated products they really need to step there game up if they wanna compete with other online company's

ok i tried out the moxf8 and loved the sounds but not so much the weighted keys it seemed like forever before they would spring back up lol i don't know what to do because there keyboard selection was like either outdated or broken and the guy at guitar center didn't know to much about much of anything.. i ended up talking with one of the guitar guys that actully recorded music and he told me my best bet is to go on a forum and ask people what the feel of different keyboards felt like so i'm gonna ask you guys what are some good options for me i'm even starting to consider older models

You read my mind soundfont I am looking at the studiologic sl-900 pro I've been reading some good things I'm a little confused when it says midi out that means you can plug a module to it right and if I where to get a motif es module how do you get the sounds from in there to ur daw

You read my mind soundfont I am looking at the studiologic sl-900 pro I've been reading some good things I'm a little confused when it says midi out that means you can plug a module to it right and if I where to get a motif es module how do you get the sounds from in there to ur daw

there is different types of key action/key weight so make sure you pick the one that fits you, hammer actions/fully weighted keys are going to be heavier to press down, and are designed to be similar to that of a real piano, though different manufactures fully weighted keys have slight variations in feel. Then you have semi-weighted / synth action keys which is what you will find on pretty much every keyboard/controller that has 61 keys or less.. the feel of these are all different depending on the manufacturer, some have a better keybed than others. these are more springy and bounce back much quicker than fullyweighted/hammer action keys.

regarding modules/racks and controlling other external equipment, yes you can directly plug the midi controller into the module directly (as long as the controller has a midi out) and control it that way, though im assuming you are working with a daw such as logic, I would connect the module directly to your interface's midi ports and then assign the midi channels from Logic

Yes the thing that bugs me though you look at the motif xs rack then look at the moxf8 and the moxf8 has more sounds then the freaking module and the price point is only off by a couple hundred just doesn't make sense to me

Back