yamaha hs5 vs krk rokit 5

Yamaha HS5's

My room is 10 x 10 , so its pretty small. Would the yamaha hs5's fit good in my room or would I needa subwoofer in them?

All smaller monitors will need a sub to balance the sound out.

Don't forget to get acoustic foam to "deaden" the listening environment.

The rokits have a lot of artificial bass. That makes them very hard to mix, and if you dare, master on them.
The elevates say they start at 80hz. Which would suggest they won't have that superficial bass. For a proper representation of bass you'll need a woofer with a big diameter like 8 inch at least. Subwoofers are hard to incorporate correctly into your home studio. Front firing main monitors with 8 inch woofers can be easier to incorporate. I use focal alpha 80s. You won't find better monitors for that price range. I've compared them to event opals and mackie hr and I find the alphas better tbh. Both monitors that cost a lot more then the alpha 80s.
A few other cheap monitors with their flaws you can think of are yamaha hs8 , mackie mr8, jbl 308. They're not ideal, but it depends on your price range if you can afford better ones. Or, make the same choice and get yourself a couple of focal alpha 80s.

I think i;lll go with the jbl 305s . how are those?
I didn't like a lot in the 5 inch region. They all have their distinctive limitations and flaws. It's more or less on what is gonna cut it for you.
Go listen to them in a shop for instance. Yamaha hs5, mackie mr5, esio has a cheap ass 8 inch, the nEar08, won't be too much for that price, you'll get what you pay, pick a more expensive 5 inch and 8 inch, compare, the jbl, mackie mr6, only slightly bit bigger. I love my focal alphas. Those 8 inch just represent all the frequencies like they should with a minimum of treatment.

Back