Why does my iphone earphones pick up freq.'s that my KRK's arent?

triple_seven

Sometimes i use my earbuds for production when theres people in the house and i cant blast my Monitors. I've noticed that my krk's block out some small frequencies that my earphones pick up.

I've heard that KRK's have a high cut so i turned the high frequency knob all the way up in the back of the speaker. But still there are some things that just wont come out..

It's quite likely your earbuds have some random frequency spikes that make particular frequencies more clear. Your monitors are overall flatter and mixing to them will make your tunes sound better on a wider range of systems. Unless you want your music to only be listened to by people with earphones, mix on the KRKs.

It's also very likely that your room - unless properly treated - is smudging your monitor's outputs in a way that smears out a lot of detail. But headphones in general are almost always going to be more detailed because the room is out of the equation.

Its likely the room your mixing in. Also, check the freq range specs on the monitors compared to the headphones. It One might be rated to display a frequency more then the other.

It's also very likely that your room - unless properly treated - is smudging your monitor's outputs in a way that smears out a lot of detail. But headphones in general are almost always going to be more detailed because the room is out of the equation.
Absolutely ^^this^^

Back