What's better - "2 Akai LPD8 or MPD18?

PekoTheProducer

Shitty Producer
I just want to ask is it better to use 2 Akai Lpd's or MPD18? Because Lpd's are cheaper and also they have knobs, but did anyone tried this and if you did, have you ever had problems?

I have a mpd18 myself and i'm very happy with it. The akai lpd's seem to have a pad usb connection and some latency. I think, for real drumming, the mpd18 is a better choice.

you can also look at the novation launchpad by the way: a bit more expensive but also works fine as drum pads

I have a mpd18 myself and i'm very happy with it. The akai lpd's seem to have a pad usb connection and some latency. I think, for real drumming, the mpd18 is a better choice.

Doesn't the MPD18 have an USB connection as well & no "traditional" MIDI? I don't think it's any different in this respect, but I suspect it's a bit sturdier to bang on than the LPD.

you can also look at the novation launchpad by the way: a bit more expensive but also works fine as drum pads

I disagree. The Launchpad was never meant to be a drum controller in the sense of having pads to bang on - they're more like buttons, not velocity sensitive and pretty small. It works great for what it's designed for - launching clips in Live. Not so much as a drum pad.

Doesn't the MPD18 have an USB connection as well & no "traditional" MIDI? I don't think it's any different in this respect, but I suspect it's a bit sturdier to bang on than the LPD.

I disagree. The Launchpad was never meant to be a drum controller in the sense of having pads to bang on - they're more like buttons, not velocity sensitive and pretty small. It works great for what it's designed for - launching clips in Live. Not so much as a drum pad.

they both have a usb connection i meant 'bad' not 'pad' :p

i just tested the launchpad today and i think it's still a fine drum pad but i'd prefer akai.

Back