What's the best piece of hardware I can get in the $50-100 price range?

N

neptunes_ruby

Hello. I own a Maschine Mikro, an Akai MPD32, and Casio 61 key Keyboard. I own a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pros, and I use FL Studio and Ableton. I mainly produce hip-hop at the moment, but I'm looking into EDM production. I was wondering what is the most useful piece of hardware someone can use for production that is in the $50-100 price range. It can be a little more expensive but not by too much.

Thanks!

best: none; in that price range it is all going to be plastic that will break if you thump it or bump it too hard

if you are serious about adding something at that price point look at a pair of Behringer or Samson or similar condensor mics: you won't get cables with them but they will be handy for any small micing jobs you may need to do including vocals

It may not be what you want to hear, but the piece of "hardware" that will make the most difference to you will be a good set of studio monitors (speakers). If you are used to working on headphones you'll laugh at the difference a decent monitoring setup will make...

Unfortunately you are not going to do that well for $100... I wouldn't recommend spending any less than $500 on a pair of speakers. My advice would be save up as much as you can and make that your first purchase, it's by far the most important.

Back