Whats the best kind of Dre Beats?

TriziX

As an aspiring producer/artist I want top of the line headphones to listen to the music I am creating to listen to. Granted they may not be the best headphones out there (maybe they are I honestly don't know) I guess its really just opinion anyways. ANYWAYS, I've been looking at the Dre Beats and theirs alot of different kinds such as Studio, Pro, and Mixr etc... And I know they would all probably be great but I just want the absolute best kind for what im trying to do. Some opinion/hard evidence (or reasoning) would be great! Thanks guys.

PS : Feel free to list another type of headphones that would suit my needs if you absolutely feel that they're better than the Beats.

I'm pretty sure you expected a response like this but man i have to tell you i highly advise not using those for mixing.they are good enough to listen to music but for mixing they mess up your mix.

And most headphones above 60 bucks can achieve great thx bass without ruining the track as a whole.xb500 suffers from that also because their treble and bass arent equal while the middle frequencies are drawn back so the sound is alittle bit like a piece cloth is on a car speaker.I actually fell for that trap back in 2011 with the black dre studios.beats gives songs stuff that wasnt even in the mix to begin with and some hiphop songs are messy with it because it sounded like the producer put sidechaining on a track when he didn't.

If you still feel for whatever reason it may be to use beats to mix your stuff, i would recommend the pros.Those sound Good enough for that.

If a producer wants a certain amount of bass to be present he can mix that bass in at that level without boosting anything.

i'll end this with a list.

beats pro
m50
q40s
dt770
dt880
hfi 580
somic mh489
custom one pro with the bass boost off for mixing and on for listening
denon headphone with the bass switch that can literally hurt your ears at the right volume
klipsch earbuds
maudio earbuds
sony earbuds over 70 bucks etc the list goes on and on.

Yeah I was thinking about getting the pros they seemed like the best fit. But thanks for advice I really appreciate it!

Don't fall into the illusion of Beats for producing! Search guitarcenter or musicians friend for Studio headphones! You want flat response so you can truly hear what you are working with. The beats have too much technology pushing it further and further away from flat response.

[h=2]Whats the best kind of Dre Beats?[/h]

The ones that you don't spend your hard earned money on :cool:
Don't pay for the brand, pay for the function.
Seriously, way better and cheaper options out there, go do some legwork homie....

Back