What studio monitors do you guys use?

I just bought a pair of Genelec M040s.

genelec-m040-duo4.jpg

Been using Yamaha HS80m for 2 years and I'm super-used to them, which is a good thing. Thinking about getting Adam A7s for a second opinion ...

I use Genelec 8040A and I really like them, I also have a pair of Senheisser HD600 in case I need some backup reference.

flat response monitors aren't as lame as I thought they'd be. They actually have very good quick bass and everything's very clear too :/
[Presonus Eris e5] not sure how to describe it, they sound...like there's way more detail than earbuds i used to have everything detailed sounding.

ADAM A7. couldn't be happier.
also Adam is my name so when people who really know nothing about music gear (managers, PR) are in my studio, they sometimes joke like "wow man you have your own brand of speakers?"

I use Dynaudio BM5A MK2 and sound is really clear

I.m.p. please contact to arrange a new username yours resolves to imp805: this is a flaw in the vbulletin sw not your fault - there is a workaround which we have not yet implemented

I.m.p. please contact to arrange a new username yours resolves to imp805: this is a flaw in the vbulletin sw not your fault - there is a workaround which we have not yet implemented
He beat the system let him keep it!

I use krk rokits 6 g3's, awesome monitors in my opinion. I have had them for a while now, and I would like to upgrade to rokit 8's. Krk makes awesome monitors!

Last edited:
I use Rokit 5 G3's. I know there are very polarised opinions about the the Rockit range, and often there's very little love going around for them, but to be honest it made little sense for me to go for more expensive monitors as the room that I use is not acoustically treated and is unlikely to be. Add to that that they needed to pull double duty 1) as production monitors and 2) as good computer speakers where I can watch a movie and enjoy the sound.

For more insight into my mixes I use AKG Q701 headphones once I've got a track to point of a first example bounce. They help catch any problems not audiable on the Rokits.

im using the adam f7' now, just got them. i like them so far. really clean. i use multiple second opinion pieces including an avantone mixcube and sennheiser hd-25 1's. the mixcube is something i find really valuable.

Last edited:
I use Quadral Phonologue Pico speakers, they have nothing to do with studio, but i understand how they sound like, and they sound very honest :)

Back