what product can I store my programmed drum machine patterns on to?

prodeucer

Let's say my drum machine's pattern storage is already full, which means I'd have to delete some of them, but what if I don't want to delete them, where can I store them instead? Like an external device of sort. Is it also possible for me to load the patterns back into the drum machine again for possible editing etc?

Depends on the machine, of course, but usually it's possible to simply export/record MIDI patterns either to an external sequencer or your DAW, or do a so-called "SysEx dump" that's basically a backup. This usually doesn't include samples, so it's just the patterns themselves.

Does that usually need a media like an SD card, etc. right? Let's say I dump all my patterns from my drum machine (BOSS DR-770) into my DAW (BOSS BR-8). Since the BR-8 uses a zip disc, I would then be dumping my drum machine patterns into the zip disc?

Depends on the machine, of course, but usually it's possible to simply export/record MIDI patterns either to an external sequencer or your DAW, or do a so-called "SysEx dump" that's basically a backup. This usually doesn't include samples, so it's just the patterns themselves.

Last edited:
Yes; maybe. It depends on the drum machine and vintage. Early machines you could even use cassette tape. Look at your manual, the process should be explained there. If you don't have a manual, look online at the Boss website and see if it's posted on new or "legacy" gear.

GJ

Back