What Maschine is the best?

zearo

I tried the machine studio and it was a little overwhelming, which one would you recommend to someone who isn't new to production but new to the hardware side.

I haven't tried the Maschine Studio, but to be honest I think the standard Maschine controller is fine. Sure the screens on the Studio look nice but the standard Maschine is USB powered and much more portable.

That said, the software is EXACTLY the same on all models (including the Mikro) so there will be a slight learning curve whichever model you go for. But it's not that complicated and there are countless tutorials on Youtube so I'm sure you'll be fine.

The "best Maschine" IMHO is the one that suits your requirements (and budget) the most.

There's gonna be a learning curve for everyone who grabs something like the Maschine with no experience with that piece of hardware. That means putting in time to learn it.
Budget and how you're gonna use it are a few things that will determine which one suits your needs best.
If you want to use komplete, have a quick workflow by only having to control with your hardware and you have the money, Maschine studio is awesome.
If that hits your budget a bit too much, Maschine will also do the trick.
If that even hits your budget too hard, and/or you don't care too much about full hardware workflow, planning on controlling other DAWs, Maschine Mikro will be a nice choice as well.
Maschine always intrigued me enormously but I never could set myself to lay down the money and go on learning so much new stuff. I already have too much gear that I don't use to it's fullest capacity.
Akai has some very nice gear as well:
MPC Series : Akai Professional - Iconic music production gear, including the legendary MPC
Pad Controllers : Akai Professional - Iconic music production gear, including the legendary MPC
No Komplete though. Komplete always struck me as a very good DAW.

Back