Vocalist Reference problem with Beringher X32 in studio!

Aguado

DJ / Producer
Hello,

I currently finished setting up my own studio in which I have two separate rooms, one for the microphone and other one for control room and live sound. In the studio I have a blue bottle microphone connected to my Beringher X32 mixer that is then connected to Logic Pro x on my Imac through usb. The problem is that I have settled up a bus channel to receive the signal from the mic input and the computer input to an aux output in which I connect a long cable that goes into the recording booth to connect the reference headphones for my vocalist. My vocalist keeps complaining about distortion when I put the volume of the bus up after she said it is too low on her headphones. She doesn't feel comfortable at all when recording due to the reference she gets. I have not put any effects on the sound that goes to the reference headphones. I am new into recording and so I am unsure how to set up my new mixer properly to function in my studio. The pre-amp I use is the one integrated in my bringer x32 mixer. The recording quality is excellent, just the reference puts everything down:hmmm:

Would apretiate any help so much!:)

Last edited:
Back