Using a jog wheel controller for scratching - working with FL.

TapeHead

I use FL with my PC at home and wanted to add scratching to my productions. Space is quite limited and I wouldn't be using it out of the house so I thought a single jog wheel deck to scratch mp3's would be good. I have two questions

1) any recommendations for the controller? I was looking at something like a Denon DN-SC2000. I wouldn't want to spend more than £150-£200.
2) would I be able to plug the controller directly into my PCs sound card and somehow play the scratches into FL or would I have to record them separately and add them later?

Any help would be appreciated, although it's 2) I really need the help on. I want to make sure it's not going to be too cumbersome to actually get the scratches into my tracks. Cheers.

1) You have much controllers in that price range, but I don't know many of them which one jog wheel. Maybe to go with numark mixtrack pro. It has big jog wheels and you can also use it for semi-pro djing (If you will want in future)
2)Most controllers you connect with usb. I'm not sure but I think you can't record scratches in FL studio. You can record them in some dj software (traktor, virtulal dj), export it and import into FL.

Back