Using the Casio CT-395 as a midi keyboard... HOW?

harriskhan

a long time ago I know someone who managed to hook my Casio CT-395 up to FL STUDIO and use it as a MIDI KEYBOARD with its tone bank, but I don't remember how he done it I can't contact him to ask him this.

Has anyone had this model before or a similar model and be able to this? If so, how?
Is it as easy as connecting AUX to AUX?

Thanks for any help.

Harris

thanks for your response

Keyboard "MIDI Out">MIDI interface "MIDI In."

Do you have a manual?

How about now? ( https://www.manualslib.com/manual/358002/Casio-Ct-395.html#manual )

GJ

PS-- It doesn't look like the 395 even has MIDI. Are you sure?

This casio is older than me i think it was made in the late 80s / early 90s, but I am 100% that he was able to do it.

Here is a Driver but it's in a different language, do you think it'd work?

I am just waiting for my new 9v adapter to come so I can try it out, I thought i'd get some info for the time being :)

I don't see how that's possible, without your keyboard having had some surgery for a MIDI retro-fit. There are no In/Out/Thru ports on the back, and there is absolutely zero mention of MIDI in the manual (I've gone over it twice now). The only mention I can find on the Web (Google and DuckDuckGo search) of the Casio CT-395 and "MIDI" in the same sentence is your question on this forum...

Reluctant conclusion-- You are either mistaken about which keyboard it was, or what the capabilities/situation was. No MIDI available there, pardner...

GJ

I think the solution to this mystery is the phrase "with its tone bank" - in other words, the keyboard was probably just hooked up to play its own sounds through the DAW. Which obviously has nothing to do with MIDI. In that case you'd just connect the Casio's output to your audio interface's (even if this is just the built-in soundcard of your computer) input jack with the appropriate cable.

Back