Usb Midi Controller Problems! Please Help!

KeyzOnTheBeat

Ok so, I've been using this Alesis Q49 Usb Midi Controller for a couple of years and its worked flawlessly until I moved. So I didn't have time to make music for a couple of months because of moving to a different location and when I was finally able to my laptop didn't even recognize my keyboard. Whenever I go into DM to check the usb hubs, I refresh to check for hardware changes and while doing this my computer tries to install a device. I then get an error message saying "Device driver software was not successfully installed" and it then says its an Unidentified Device and there was no driver found. I don't get it. The power comes on and I've tested it on my dad's computer which seems to be recognized only on there. Alesis doesn't have any drivers for this product so I have no effin clue what to do and I'm bout to break the damn thing. Any suggestions before I decide to destroy my keyboard? Thanks

What OS is on your computer and what on dad's? Maybe is problem in that. Or try to change usb port where you plug your keyboard. If you are going to destroy it, I suggest to use hammer hah.

-try on different pc's with different operating systems.
- switch between the windows driver (installs automatically) and drivers you can download via the official website
- other usb cable? (Maybe broken when you moved)
- check my latest post about the m-audio oxygen, maybe it also regards your hardware

- cheers!
(any questions, dm me)

If it works on your dad's computer, than a driver has definitely malfunctioned on your laptop, try restoring it to an earlier point

Back